Gathering Near Huntingdon Next Year.

Guest mrinverted232

Guest mrinverted232

Would anyone be interested in getting together at my place next year,

I have a runway on the farm and it could easily accomadate around 20 vehicles, you can drive straight onto it , its well mown and kept really nice.

If people are happy to contribute, I will put on a hog roast, camping space is available, toilets are also close.

We can get one of our steam engines out , put the trailer on and go down the local with a few of you on the back, :p anyhow just an idea at the moment.

If anyone is keen to come along, drink, eat and talk cars , get a lift to the pub and back then I will give it some thought..

Thanks

Craig

Update for you, Saturday June 30th is the chosen date, hope this is ok for everyone?

Not doing the hog roast its too expensive so, will BBQ for all with the usual extras, if it rains ( fingers crossed it wont ) then we have space in our barn to accommodate everyone. I am hiring a portaloo for the weekend and I am waiting for the supplier to get back to me with a cost, so maybe a small contribution toward the food and facilities, watch this space....

The location is

https://binged.it/2DU0hyf

Hope this ok for all? talk soon with more details.

Craig

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am working that day but I usually finish around two so we will be there. Should be plenty of places to stay around huntingdon, it's a big enough place. If not there are a couple here where I live and it's less than half an hour away.

Guest mrinverted232

Thanks Craig, we will be there, date is in the diary; is there a hotel/B&B close by? We don't do under canvas in our old age.

Hi Lots of local places to stay,

The Manor Hotel in our village B&B

The Globe and Chequers Barham, B&B 5 minutes away.

Redwings Hotel 10 minutes away.

Premier Inn 10 Minutes away.

Huntingdon is around 5 miles from us and has loads of local accommodation, www.huntingdon-accommodation.org.uk

For those more hardy / younger souls camping is not a problem.

thanks Craig

Guest mrinverted232

Hi

If you are planning to come along

Hi Lots of local places to stay,

The Manor Hotel in our village B&B

The Globe and Chequers Barham, B&B 5 minutes away.

Redwings Hotel 10 minutes away.

Premier Inn 10 Minutes away.

Huntingdon is around 5 miles from us and has loads of local accommodation, www.huntingdon-accommodation.org.uk

For those more hardy / younger souls camping is not a problem.

thanks Craig

It appears the www.huntingdon is not working so try http://www.huntingdon-accommodation.org

thanks again.

• 1 month later...