Which Haynes Manual For Zetec Blacktop?

Guest smartfazer

Guest smartfazer

The title says it all really.

But which manual would be best for a new Zetec 2.0L blacktop?

Also wondering if there are any PDF downloads available.

Thanks.

Steve.

I've got a Focus manual. My engine is a 2002 and from a rear ended Focus, I think the crate GBSC engines are about 2004 vintage, but I stand to be corrected, so a last generation Focus manual should do you fine.

I don't think there were any fundamental changes to the blacktop during its life anyway, just don't buy a manual for a silvertop car (bit obvious really, sorry!)

Guest Jomeo69

If your wondering bout the age of you engine. On the pulley cover there should be a plastic label with a barcode on it. On the label should be a coulpe of big numbers near the top In our case 04. This is year of manufacture I think.

Would be cool to know about a PDF version tho.

Hth

joe

Guest smartfazer
If your wondering bout the age of you engine. On the pulley cover there should be a plastic label with a barcode on it. On the label should be a coulpe of big numbers near the top In our case 04. This is year of manufacture I think.

Would be cool to know about a PDF version tho.

Hth

joe

Thanks Guys, I will have a look in the morning.

Joe, the plastic label with the barcode on it. Does this also show the engine number? I remeber Ian at GBS saying something like it was the middle of three numbers.

I've had a look around the engine for it's number, but blowed if I can see one.

Does anyone know what the engine number should consist of? i.e. quantity and consistency of numbers and letters etc,.

Ta.

Steve

Guest smartfazer
They don't have a number should be stamped on flat by the crank position sensor on exhaust side.

I even rang ford tec line at £1 a min to gain any more info no joy age is also on the block moulding along with 2.0l.

Stephen

Surely they need a number? I thought it had to be stamped into the chassis plate and also entered onto the V5?

Do we just make up our own number?

Steve

Guest Jomeo69

i think some dvla centers like to give you a chassis number and some say you can make it up (its wise to include in your number a mix of dates registered and engine numbers i believe). but this isnt to be confused with engine number. im slightly confused why yours isnt stamped next to the crank position sensor (was yours brought from gbsc?? mine was and had it stamped into the flat section you pictured) but it should still have the number cast into the block on the exhaust side between cylinders one and 2.

With regards the haynes manual. you need one for a focus on an 04 plate (thats evident by the big 04 next to the 'dragon' on the sticker with the barcode on the front plastic cover. so i think the latest issue of the old shape should be ok i think. Please correct me if im wrong.

hope this helps although i could be talking drivel lol

Joe

Guest oddsocks
Sorry, one last photo.

This is where I am at with the build.

post-3477-1250958729_thumb.jpg

Sorry to jump in not sure about engine no but i was told at gbs that you can make up your vin no-name,dob or date you finish the build-think thats what im goin to do.

Off the subject i like the look of your diff-is it new or have you painted it? What have you put in the shft to stop the paint gettin in?

Cheers

J

Edited by yanto

Guest smartfazer

I reconditioned the diff and sprayed it.

The "plugs" were made from cardboard using new oil seals to trace around to get the diameter.

Still can't get the engine number. I have had a look on the block and whilst there are odd numbers and letters cast onto the block, including the engine capacity. There is nothing there that resembles anything like an engine number.

I am going to give in and call Ian at GBS and/or go down to my local, friendly Ford dealership.

Thanks for the help though Chaps.

Guest chris brown

Ford "crate" engines don’t have the engine number stamped on them we used to put our (garage) name and a number on them when we changed one in a tin top