5 replies to this topic

#1 Mrbarry

Mrbarry

Wheely good builder!

• Community user
  • 106 posts
  • Car type:GBS Zero

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:09 PM

So, what results would you expect for a 1800 Mazda on ITBs with emerald ecu? MK2 Mazda engine. Mine will be mapped this week and Im interested in other peoples resukts as a comparison.

#2 WallerZ

WallerZ

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 18
  • 830 posts
  • Car type:GBS Mazda Zero V6

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:37 AM

I've seen figures in MX5s range from 150-180 bhp. Depends on your starting point and any other mods. I think the GBS exhaust system made up for any losses over 26 years on my 115k miles 1.6 engine so will be interested to see where you end up

#3 tazzzzman1

tazzzzman1

Mr Sheen

• RHOCaR 18
  • 1,569 posts
  • Car type:2B then Roadrunner SR2 "Supercharged". Charcoaled Cobra 5.7 V8, AMG 5.5ltr V8 SLK

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:52 AM

I had the MK1 1.8 in my SR2 which pushed out 130bhp in standard form. ITB will give approx 15-20bhp over injection ?(Roadrunner have done a few of these). However supercharging gives a nice 240bhp  :db: and loads of torque

The MK2 1.8 I think is up by 10 bhp ish on the MK1 8)

Are we there yet!!
taz-03.gif

DSC00030_COMPRESSED.JPG    IMG_3761-1.jpg     AK Cobra front.JPG       IMG_1491_compressed (2)_compressed.jpg

Cheers Terry

#4 Mrbarry

Mrbarry

Wheely good builder!

• Community user
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:50 PM

Having looked I tho l mine is a Mk1 engine not Mk2. So 140bhp ish would be good then all tho he being equal.

Turbo next year was always the plan, just enjoy it for now whatever as long as its strong and sweet.

#5 Moog6

Moog6

Getting there Builder

• RHOCaR 18
  • 96 posts
  • Car type:Robin Hood 7S Kit Car

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:01 PM

Moog6 was tuned up a couple of months ago, 111 mph flat out on rolling road which isn't bad with type 40 webs and a 1984 2ltr engine!

Engine is in fantastic condition!!

I'm very lucky!

Dave. 8) 

#6 Mrbarry

Mrbarry

Wheely good builder!

• Community user
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:05 PM

Results are in. 140bhp torque curve is flat and smooth tho and engine runs sweet as a nut now.
Got to fit new ignition leads because they are apparently poor, Ive been advised to replace the battery (so I have) it was causing popping and banging on cold start because of volts drop. Then check the ITBs are balanced, change the throttle cable set up so that there isnt sooooooooooo much travel between zero and full throttle, then put fresh fuel in and Ill get another check and tweak. The fuel was over 12 months old and I never thought about it until today :-O rookie mistake to make.

On the drive home I discovered the brakes are sticking on slightly, stopped on a hill and it didnt roll. Put a tow under the brake and lift the pedal 5mm to the top and it rolls back. So need to fit a return spring on the peddle. I do wonder if that was binding on the dyno. Never know now.

Other jobs
Rewrap the nose cone.
Retrim the tunnel cover.
Get the speedo working (sensor issue)
Stop the exhaust rattle
Swap the light/wiper stalks for late spec ones I have.
Fit new wheels and rubber (coming Saturday :-D)
Drive it lots.

Should keep me busy.