Gearbox Choice, Type 9 Or Mt75?

MarkBzero

Gearbox choice  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am paranoid car has been on the road for 2 years and I have replaced the gearbox 3 times all type 9 with no history.

Surely that answers your own question? :wacko:

Reminds me of the Blackadder lines, "doing the thing we have done 17 times before [walking across No Mans Land to attack] will totally surprise the enemy" :rofl:

Edited by nelmo

Surely that answers your own question? :wacko:

Reminds me of the Blackadder lines, "doing the thing we have done 17 times before [walking across No Mans Land to attack] will totally surprise the enemy" :rofl:

Classic, the best Blackadder series.

Luckily I like working on mine just as much as driving it which is great whilst waiting for the summer to start just wish I had a bottomless pit of cash to spend on it

I enjoy tinkering, fixing the odd bit here and there but complete engine/gearbox removal and upgrade I would prefer to do during winter. I am missing to many good shows.

Hi Richy,

You helped me last year, if you need any assistance please ask. I can turn a spanner or two, make tea and coffee, pony express or observe and give advice from a distance.....

Thanks

Mark

Gutted, just came off the phone and the MT75 is beyond economical repair rust pitting caused by condensation, worn bearings and shaft worn.

Back to the drawing board starting think i should pay rediculous price for a known good refurbished unit.

Whats wrong with the type 9s? Could you make 1 good one out of 2 ? Maybe put new lay bearings and syncho's at the same time.

Hi Dan,

Probably the the best solution unless I find another known good box quickly. I will look through the type 9 repair thread and price up some bits asap.