Brake Master Cylinder

cb750

I'm after suggestions for a brake master cylinder similar to the Sierra one but 20mm bore. Needs to be dual circuit, non abs, and have a low profile reservoir. I'm currently running a Fiat 132 one at the moment but it has remote reservoirs and I want to get rid of them. I have a 22mm Sierra that I could fit but I think the pedal pressure may be too high for my wife.

I've bought a KA one but the reservoir is too high to fit under the bonnet!

Florin has a KA m/cylinder & Mo has no trouble braking --- but that is not your route -- just try for a similar bore.

I needed to make a wedge plate to fit between fire wall & m/c --- just to get the reservoir level --- is this part of your problem?

I'm sure that I made an adaptor plate when I fitted the KA to try it out but took it off when I found that the bonnet hit the reservoir. I never thought of tapering the plate down to bring the top lower, I believe I thought that the cylinder should be in line with the pedal stroke. I can't remember if the reservoir was level or not, I'll have to have another look.

Kerry, how did you convert the cylinder to remote reservoirs? Did you keep to the grommet system or get rid of them?

Rob

Thanks all. I've looked again at fitting the KA cylinder and it IS too high to go under the bonnet. So I'm going to look at the transit reservoir idea that looks lower and if not then it's back to using the existing remote reservoirs and getting them to seal better.

Any idea what size m/c you are running? There seems to be 2 for the KA, 20.6 and 22 mm diameter?

Edited by cb750

Believe 22 mm is the same bore as donor Sierra --- & the m/cylinder on Florin is 20 mm ( from the KA ) the smaller bore works a treat without servo -- I can lock the wheels if pressed hard, there is plenty of "feel" as well so braking is fine for such a light car.