Radiator Hose For Vw Polo Seems Hard To Find?!

agent_zed

Trying to find an upper radiator hose for a vw polo 1.4tdi 2006 and it seems to be really hard. Found a few sites like autodoc that list it but are out of stock, so used the parts numbers and searched ebay and currently no listings for that.

I've phoned up a few places and they said they couldn't get them. Even eurocarparts don't have it listed.

I can't believe it's so hard to find as it must be a pretty common car.

Ive done a temporary bodge with some old bits of pipe and tube but i'm at the stage of just buying a straight reducer to join the pipe with a piece of ally tube as it was only the one end that broke because the battery cover plastic had dropped and worn through. I know i can get a silicone reducer from ebay as it's what i've done on the kitcar.

might try my local garage and see if they are able to get one. guess perhaps its a symptom of people not actually fixing anything themselves anymore.

Just done a quick google as well and there are some skoda fabia 1.4 tdi hoses on ebay (used)

cant get link to work but i searched for skoda fabia 1.4tdi cooling and theres a set in Latvia

there seems to be 2 1.4tdi engines a 51kw/70HP or 59kw/80HP, the 80HP one also fits the 1.9tdi (according to google!!)

Edited by geordie40

yeah it's the 80hp well according to eurocarparts when i enter the reg. I just expected a ton of new ones easily available. i've got a silicone reducer on order to join the pipe so hopefully that'll do the job.

thanks for looking