Would You Take This On The Road

tractor

Err nope!!! it should have been picked up at its last PMI and VOSA or DVSA as they are now known get there hands on it someone will

get there hand rapped.

New side rail needed or a plate welded in with a reinforcement box on the inside to put the strength back in

been having a bit of trouble at work cos I keep refusing to take trailers on the road which are just not safe or legal mostly its lighting issues and MOT out of date whilst up until now the management have tolerated my actions by the way these trailers are not owned by the company I work for but after my last refusal to take the trailer on the road that is in the pictures they have suspended all trading with the irish transport company which at my limited understanding of the arrangement they will loose I think about £14000 a week turnover and I was also employed to do this contract so might have done myself out of work

Edited by tractor

Guest 2b cruising

I dont think you had any option and did the right thing.

Wouldn't like that lot landing on the road in front of me or anyone else.

Edited by 2b cruising

I'm glad there are people like you out there Chris. Locally, we've just had a woman nearly killed or at least severely injured by a lorry which had a long shipping container as a load but the lorries wheel base was short which put its rear wheels under the centre of the container. When he did a right turn the rear of the container swung completely over the pavement. If she hadn't been quick and bent down and let it pass over her it would have hit her.

Guest Gargoil

Being in trouble with the company is a lot less harrowing than dealing with the death or injury of fellow motorists or pedestrians.

You did right.

You should be documenting everything, if the company is putting any kind of pressure on you.

Guest janis

Show this to our transport manager he said u coud face jail if vosa pull u over...fins are crazy now..u get 2yrs in jail for not using digicard..

Guest Ian & Carole

I would be of the opinion that if you were dismissed for refusing to take an un-roadworthy trailer on the public highway you would have a strong case for "constructive dismissal"

Stand by your principals, after all the buck stops with YOU on any infringements regarding traffic laws.

It's obviously safe.

The pallet looks new(ish)

The ratchet strap doesn't look too frayed

And the goods are polythene wrapped to the pallet

Thank God you have morals, standards and common sense Chris - someone could have been seriously hurt or worse!

Definitely got a case if needed IMHO