Broadband/phone Package Deals

Joel

Can anyone recommend a good deal for getting broadband and phone calls in one package?

I'm not a particularly heavy internet user, so download restrictions aren't a big issue, as long as the speed is reasonable (2Mbps+), so the priority is more on the phone side of things - free calls to landlines 24/7 would be :good:

Cheers.

Guest steve775

orange home

gives you free evening and weekend calls on your main line plus a second line for free with free calls to land line and orange mobile at all times plus unlimited broadband. got some good dealds on at the minute

orange home

gives you free evening and weekend calls on your main line plus a second line for free with free calls to land line and orange mobile at all times plus unlimited broadband. got some good dealds on at the minute

Same here :D

+ free international calls on the second line

Steve

Guest Nigel Novice

I'm fortunate to live in a Virgin (aka NTL) Media area and so its Fibre optic cable for me and up to 50meg and the phone chucked in as well

I hav just changed to talktalk essentials package,

upto 8meg download speed

-40 gig a month limit

-free wireless router

-free local calls inc surrounding area codes 24/7

-free evening and weekend calls

-line rental included

all for £17.43

the switchover from orange was spot on, broadband was only off for about an hour

After Virgin decided that I had to have an upgrade to the broadband, ie. to 10 meg, which I'm not particularly bothered about, and they said "Kerching!!" we're also putting up your monthly fee to £20 (just for broadband) they got told just which orifice they could shove it!

Having once been with Talk-Talk, I'd sooner walk on broken glass than go back to those ripoff merchants, never again!!

I therefor looked on the internet for the best deal. I have no intention of changing my landline from BT, as it's also required by the Sky equipement, but o2 came in with a good price. If you're an o2 customer, you get 4 meg broadband, or 10 meg for £12+ (so long as you have BT line) for £7-35p / month, with no down load limit.

I nipped out and bought an o2 pay-as-you-go phone, got my number transferred, paid £29 for the broadband equipement, (which actually counts as your first 3 months rental)

Virgin service now on the notice period, all my contact details soon to change.

Jim