Fitting Seats

Guest bish151

Guest bish151

hi can someone give me some idea how to fit the seats in my s3 i bought it part finished and it came with some brand new 2 part seats the bottom seat pad has just got flat wooden bottom and i cant see how to ankor them down ? cheers bish

Guest The Modfather

hi can someone give me some idea how to fit the seats in my s3 i bought it part finished and it came with some brand new 2 part seats the bottom seat pad has just got flat wooden bottom and i cant see how to ankor them down ? cheers bish

Strange?

Is there anyway you get behind the wooden base and see if tere is a steel subframe? I would not mount only to a wooden base, and I'd be surprised if these seats were actually built that way. IMO they should have a steel subframe that should have 4 holes so you drop bolts through the frame and through the floor, or thay should have 4 captive nuts welded to the frame (one in each corner) and you bolt up through the floor.

Darren

The original seats supplied were 2 part and held together by a plastic hinge. To fit the seat to the car you drilled a large hole in each corner of the wooden base and then a narrow channel coming off the hole, looks like a keyhole shape when finished. You place a large washer on a bolt, push the bolt head and washer through the large hole and then slide the bolt down the channel, put another large washer on then a nut. You end up with 4 captive bolts which then go through the floor and are bolted. These bolts should go through 2 lengths of right angle steel on the underside of the car which strengthens the floor. I think that this is shown on the build video.

post-347-090593300 1283371227_thumb.jpg

I have a series1 with seat pads.

Basicly they are a wooden board topped with foam and covered in vinyl.

They are stuck down using contact adhesive and are rock solid.

Michael.

Im at the same stage now too, cant find any seats that are narrow enough to fit. (widebody s7) got some that go in, but theyre at a ridiculous angle.

Try Oddessey narrow seats from Intatrim.

I fit some earlier this year in a S7 and they are a great fit and comfy to boot.

Bit on the dear side like, but well worth the money

Si

I originally fitted the plank seats but the bolts were right under my bum, ouch.

Fitted the GBS high backs, they fit a treat and are very comfortable, Baby Cub seats also fit as do a lot of the Intatrim ones.

Be aware the passenger side is narrower than the drivers by almost an inch, it's the measurement taken between the tunnel side to the folded top side, where your arm rests.

I measured wrong and I could fit the base of the 2B seats and the back but not when bolted to getter.

• 3 years later...
Guest karif2800

Hi, anyone have fitted a bench seat on an exmo? I'd like to try because I've a couple aof baby cub seat but they are too high and near to cockpit. Any tip or idea to make a bench seat? Thanks for answer.