Another Newbie With Questions

Guest bud6200

Guest bud6200

Why dont you join up and get along to one of our area meets and get ideas and advice from their cars and experiences

Any clubs over the North East / Teeside way.

Guest bud6200

who is the expert on Pinto lumps ? ...

Specifically manifolds ....physically I cannot see any difference between a 1.6 and 2.0 block other than internally ...am I wrong? or would I be able to use manifolds from a 1.6 on a 2.0? , both inlet and exhaust.

Guest bud6200

Yes there are regular monthly meetings at Darlington and also at Chester le Street

Darlo sounds good as I live very close to Teeside airport ....sorry Durham Tees Valley Airport :rofl:

Darlo sounds good as I live very close to Teeside airport ....sorry Durham Tees Valley Airport

The N.E. Extra meeting is held on the second Thursday of the month from 7pm at The Old Farmhouse Pub on the outskirts of Darlington (DL2 1JZ).

the pinto blocks have big numbers cast on the side. I can't remember if the earlier ones had 16,18,20 but the later ones are 165 185 205. I have a 165 block which is the same height as the others the earlier 16 block i believe is about an inch shorter as it's an over square engine (piston wider than it is tall), my 1.6 is the eco-max engine with undersquare pistons as it has a longer stroke and narrower pistons.

the 205 block from what i've read is essentially a cosworth block as it has been strengthened over the earlier 20 block.

I 'think' the inlet manifold for the 1.6 is smaller as the holes are smaller than the holes in the block by quite a bit. I think it still fits the 2ltr but just won't flow as well (i could be wrong though)

the cast iron manifold though looks like it is probaby the same as i don't think they could make the holes any bigger, but again just my thinking.

any pinto after 89' is unleaded.

Guest bud6200

The N.E. Extra meeting is held on the second Thursday of the month from 7pm at The Old Farmhouse Pub on the outskirts of Darlington (DL2 1JZ).

Sounds excellent ...only 1 mile away ... :db:

Guest bud6200

The one I have my eye on is a 205 ..2.0

Next question peeps ....what is a favored gearbox to marry up to the pinto block...manual of course ...

Guest bud6200

Petrol tanks !!!!! what size tank is the average/norm for a road going car ..capacity ...and do you normally site this in the void behind the rear axle ..

Cheers once again ...Paul