Brake Booster Removal

sorme

Hi I've got a s7 running sierra 1983 set up,because the exhaust manifold goes over the side and down (not down and out via round hole in the side panel)the brake master cylinder is only just clearing the manifold and one brake pipe goes between the manifold,

which up to a few weeks ago wasn't a problem until the warm weather came now it's boiling the brake fluid plus m o t advised it needs altering.as anyone fitted a remote servo/done away with the brake booster/moved the cylinder? If so which is the best to go fo.

Any help ??

Theres several ways to go with this but some will involve remaking youre own brake copper lines.

I think the easiest might be to insulate the brake lines using an insulated sleeve. These are available online from places such as CBS.

It might be worth doing clutch cable too.

If I can find the links from my phone Ill try and post later.

Cheers,I've got a brake pipe kit in me shed some where,just been out again in it brakes great to start with then with in 10 mins brakes gone,when I got back from the m o t early on I took cap off the reservoir and the fluid was near boiling.

That's probably the best option,the master cylinder that's on the car now as two connections on the (looking from the front of engine) r/ hand side and one underneath that goes straight between the manifold, me mate sad it looks like a transit van master cylinder.