Build Dvds

Guest Ad_W2001

Guest Ad_W2001

hey, just been re-watching the 5th build dvd /7 and it seems that in the process of building its got a little scratched, and now no longer plays :( can anyone do a copy of it for me please for some beer tokens? cheers

Adam

Guest ScotMac

You can use a low grade polish to polish out the scratches on DVD's and CD's. It doesn't hurt the data, since the data is actually stored on "pits" *inside* the plastic. I usually use toothpaste. If the scratches are slight, they will buff out pretty easily, but if they are moderately bad, it will take a lot of polishing to get them out.

-Scot B)

• 1 month later...

I keep seeing reference to 7 DVDs for the light weight. I received 6 from Coveland, am I missing something? Can I watch the last one and know I have the complete set. I'll ask our local video store if they can reproduce the set.

Doug

dont feel bad as the first lightweights were sold with 12 dvds.

best bet is as boring as it will be is to watch the ones you have and try to work out what is not covered

regards graham

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My last reply to this thread overlooked something important. I didn't get DVDs, I got VHS tapes. I guess Coveland got me on this one. I have since submitted my insurance claim on the busted up cellophane wraped crate and will get the DVDs directly from GBS when I get a settlement. I'm glad I purchased the extra insurance on this whole deal. By the way I will have my new shop constructed before I get the Coveland ebay deal worked through.

Doug

Edited by CDD

• 8 months later...
My last reply to this thread overlooked something important. I didn't get DVDs, I got VHS tapes. I guess Coveland got me on this one. I have since submitted my insurance claim on the busted up cellophane wraped crate and will get the DVDs directly from GBS when I get a settlement. I'm glad I purchased the extra insurance on this whole deal. By the way I will have my new shop constructed before I get the Coveland ebay deal worked through.

Doug

I received the set of DVDs for the lightweight on April 28th. When I sat down with them my computer could not recognise the program to open them. Any quick ideas for this computer illiterat?

Edited by CDD

Guest Wragie
I received the set of DVDs for the lightweight on April 28th. When I sat down with them my computer could not recognise the program to open them. Any quick ideas for this computer illiterat?

Doug check PM for help (hopefully)

Dave

Guest Wragie
I use VLC media player. A nice free player that handles almost any format:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

I have a feeling the problem is that they aren't autoloading for him.

So he has to hunt down the file on the disk. He's in Utah so I can call him

if thats the case or not get him going and let him suffer some brain damage

angle iron angle iron :rolleyes:

Dave