Sierra Sapphire Front Hub With Pinch Type Ball Joint

Guest Mark Stanley

Guest Mark Stanley

I have standard Sierra hubs on my 2b with 240mm discs. I have also got set of sierra sapphire 4 pot callipers and 283mm disc that will not fit because the offset on the hub mounting point is not quite right.

The sapphire hubs which the 4 pot callipers came from have different mounting point than standard sierra hubs and they also have a pinch type lower ball joint not the standard taper with a nut.

Can you buy lower ball joints which will bolt onto a double wishbone and fit the sapphire pinch type ball joints? I can then change my hubs to suit new brakes

Mark

i remember reading a long while ago that one chap had done it although can't remember if he had custom wishbones rather than the standard rh ones. The tapered ball joints are peugeot so you may be able to find a screw in version for pinch bolt.

hth

• 2 weeks later...

I have standard Sierra hubs on my 2b with 240mm discs. I have also got set of sierra sapphire 4 pot callipers and 283mm disc that will not fit because the offset on the hub mounting point is not quite right.

The sapphire hubs which the 4 pot callipers came from have different mounting point than standard sierra hubs and they also have a pinch type lower ball joint not the standard taper with a nut.

Can you buy lower ball joints which will bolt onto a double wishbone and fit the sapphire pinch type ball joints? I can then change my hubs to suit new brakes

Mark

I had this issue when trying to fit cosworth hubs and 4 pots , gave up with hubs as the geometry was all wrong and could nt find any suitable ball joints to replace the ones I had , so just used the cosworth calipers and disc s on the standard Sierra hub , just needed the calipers milled to suit the standard hub