Fuel Tank For 2B

Guest 2Bbuilt

Guest 2Bbuilt

I need a fuel tank for my 2B

I want it to tuck down into the bit of the chassis tube that dips down at the very rear.

What tank do you recommend, i note GBS don't have any stock, was hoping for cheaper option anyway.

I already have a tank fitted but it is a home made steel tank (not built by me) It has been used and it is leak free, it would be usable/functionable but but i note the IVA need pressure testing certificates, has anyone every been asked for these certificates?

Guest 2b cruising

Not sure of IVA ruling. I hink you have very little chance of getting new one. If someone is willing to let go from an old part built kit, I doubt it having a certificate.

If you definately need one, it should be possible to get it pressure tested at somewhere like Serk radiators as they do tank repairs.

HTH.

Ken

Edited by 2b cruising

for sva i made mine and passed without question. It sits down in the dip so the floor is flat straight across from the top of the diff so i have a nice big boot.

I put 2 baffles in and used the original sierra tank sender shaped ring cut from the old tank and glued and riveted to my tank so i could use the sierra sender in the exact same way it was before.

If you do need a pressure test i did wonder when i built mine about using an old gas tank. You'd just have to find one that was a reasonable size to fit. It would be hard to argue it wouldn't hold the correct pressure. If you did do that fit the cylinder with water before cutting or welding to ensure no gas remained.