Lovely Afternoon

tractor

Guest Pauljordan

I don't believe you guys even contemplated going out with even a LITTLE cloud in the sky........

It was only Wednesday night, oh club meet night when someone put on forum " please all make an effort" So I got the coat out and set off. well it didn't rain.

Got to meeting to find out all others that attended turned up in "TinTops" because there was a chance of rain.........

One member (Tractor) has spent all summer making doors. these obviously don't work if there is a chance of a bit of damp. Another member (Andi) has some special holes in the bottom of his seats to let excess water out. these obviously only work if its not a threat of rain.

Anyway I had a nice drive out and an even dryer drive back home.

Rant over (for now)

Pj

I just fired up my little beast to clear some space in the garage.

Left in on the drive with engine running and moved the new man-shed roofing panels from trailer into the back garden.

Typically no rain all day....then just when its on the drive, boom down comes the rain.

So now the poor kit is back in the garage a wet.

Quick question guys.....

I left the kit standing for a long time without starting it.

The bike carbs pi$$ed fuel everywhere except the fuel pipes, switched it off and left 10 mins.

Then fired the kit up again....no leaks, no problems.

Do the seals dry out on the carbs and leak if unused for a while?

Seems that after fuel has passed thru them, the seals have swelled up and OK again.

Any ideas?

Edited by Dino