Windscreen Surround 2B

Guest Pedro

Hi, I thought that I would attempt to sort the windscreen surround on my 2B. The glass is just pushed into the top and sides of the frame sitting in a u shaped rubber. The lower part of the frame is approx half an inch below the sides and just held in with silicon and bits of rubber , the lower part of the frame is not attached to the sides in any way and you can move the glass up and down in the frame.

I presume the lower part of the frame should be attached to the sides so the glass is held firmly, there is a small hole in one side which suggests a screw may have been used but there is nothing to screw it into, perhaps there should be a captive nut or similar.

Any ideas how I can fix the lower frame to thew sides, perhaps small brackets or some sort of metal adhesive?

Any suggestions gratefully received, a new frame may be best but I would have to refit the hood fastenings plus the frame may not fit the side supports.

Thanks

Guest Ian & Carole

IIRC the side screen surround was screwed into the bottom rail with a long self tapping screw.

The screen surround was held tight to the glass with parcel tape and a line drawn across the lower frame and across the surround.

The glass was then removed whilst the frame was drilled, screw fitted and the protruding end was then trimmed off.

Remove trimmed screws, refit the glass and screw back together. Job done.

Guest Ian & Carole

Not too bad a description, to say I did mine 12 years ago.

Thank you Steve I needed a snooze :lazy: :lazy: :lazy:

When you put "flicking" you should have put "flickering" :rofl: through.

Edited by Ian & Carole

Thanks for your help, all is now clear from your description and the video, the lower frame on my car has never been fixed with the s/tapper. Ordered a new T rubber and cleaned off all the silicon and other gunge, should be fettled for next week, much cleaner neater job. thanks again