New Lighterweight

Guest RJHALL

Guest RJHALL

We asmbled the first of the new chassis today it is lighter than i expected to it 2b, most of the parts and panels from the old lightweight will still fit excluding wishbones. i will put some pic up next week

Richard

GBS

Pics will be good but they need to provide good evidence that it will be roadworthy and can pass the sva test

Also be in a postion to help people out if they have a problem and not just say "ours passed"

Guest salty_monk

The new management seem much more pro-active so I think that is a given..... Revising the design from the ground up is the obvious way forward rather than providing additional kit to make it pass (although maybe this should have been offered to existing owners).

You can't polish a turd & I guess they would be reluctant to polish an old one of Tricky's.... :D

You can't polish a turd & I guess they would be reluctant to polish an old one of Tricky's.... :D

hope this one is right and is svad prior to sale.

and i am still polishing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turd or not.

graham

Guest paulh

Hope it gets SVA'd etc too, could finally be my RH purchase as i admired the original lightweight before i read about all the problems! I'll watch this space, as they say.

Guest salty_monk

hope this one is right and is svad prior to sale.

and i am still polishing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turd or not.

graham

:D Sorry, not peeing on your fire. I'm glad you got it through but I think even you'll agree there was a lot of work needed to get it through as it was. My guess is because of the sale certain eyes were off the ball...

Dan :)

hi dan

no need to appologise to me i have mine sorted .

its the remaining builders that concirns me that are still to sva their kits .

not the informed ones amongst us but those that dont visit rhocar.

these are the ones that are going to have a big supprise on sva day.

i would think that gbs have the records of sales of the lightweight and could with that info inform the lightweight owners of the problem ,as new owners of the rhsc name and not the aqctual perpertrators of the problem, they could warn the lightweight builders and even perhaps offer help and guidence towards a resolution.without entering into a liability issue ,good pr! if nothing else.

i am aware of 10 lightweight kits that are currently being built and 1 that has been scrapped.

there were arround 100 kits sold in this country .

there are potentially 90 kits that are yet to be completed and svad.

50% wont be completed by the origonal purchacer,

that leaves 40 to 50 peaple that gbs could help and make some additional funds from.

its not a hard job to get these cars through sva ,but some guidance support and perhaps some plans and material to do the job would help no end, gbs you could legitimately charge a reasnoble ammount for this and stand yourselves in good stead with all. it wouldt have to be a definative kit of parts just a pointer in the right direction.

richard i think this is now the only thing standing between gbs and the rest of rhocar try and do the right thing

rant over

graham

Guest salty_monk

Graham,

Just an idea but maybe you could make a few quid yourself supplying plans & a kit.... or maybe you could sell your plans to RH (on a commission basis per kit sold?) save them having to re-invent the wheel & also helping out the other unaware owners.

RH could send out a solicitation, they must have the addresses of all the buyers.

I imagine the reason they have not done anything so far is that it's essentially a lot of work for not a lot of reward & they are busy coming up with the new designs, I agree it would be very good PR though & there should be some moral obligation to help out even if the ownership has changed.

Essentially though, if RH had just gone bust & been broken up by the receivers they would be in an even worse situation.... I believe the new owners need a fair crack.

Dale - Get over it.... it's boring :lol:

Guest Tim Norman

Its not a lightweight its a 2B but made to be lighter. I have suggested rather strongly that the word lightweight be dropped. Too much bad press etc.

Guest salty_monk

Ohh... it's not a panel construction but tubular chassis?? If so then they should definitely keep away from the name. (Even if it was the mk3 lightweight I think I'd call it something else...)