20170129_130950_zpskdppmsxq.jpg

20170129_130923_zpsaccwxfi5.jpg

20170129_130916_zpsefxudhnq.jpg

20170129_130959_zps5ykz3lbv.jpg

The problem has been number 3 fouling plug and burning oil point of misfire

Suspecting cvh valve stem oil seals but got to check guides

And orther ideas

Guest mower man

You certainly need to look at valve guides , have them bored out and bronze ones fitted with proper seals [ all of them !!] mick . do it properly and you only do it once :acute:

When i took no 3 valve stem seals off there was oil all below alot lot more than rest so dont u think cud just be valve stem seals the guides were apparantly checked when skimmed is there any why to check them

No bob u are correct i was abit taken back by that dont quite understand that unless the oil on plug is causing the fuel not to ignite fully so keeping piston clean prop not but what else would explain it

Guest mower man

When i took no 3 valve stem seals off there was oil all below alot lot more than rest so dont u think cud just be valve stem seals the guides were apparantly checked when skimmed is there any why to check them

Just replace them! they are not expensive if you have any apreciable play in the guides it will FUBAR the seals! .I might have some left will look them out , a clean piston like no3 COULD be h/gasket weep , are valve stems showing any wear ? really a full head recon is signalled as before do it right and you only do :acute: it once mick

Had head pressure tested valve reground skimmed new cam bearing etc only guides not done as they said they fine and dont need doing so really apart from guides is a recon head

No sign of head gasket failure

Could be unburnt fuel in there as smells

of petrol and oil in engine and exhaust

Might ring headmaster ask how much for guides might even get new valves but no wear on them eiter