Kid Racing At Eosb

ozz

To all parents attending EoSB with their children.

I have a fun activity/race planned for the kids.

To participate you will need to bring an oversized paper boilersuit (the sort used for decorating) and about 20 balloons per child.

Large suits have been tested and work for ages 10-13 smaller or larger suits may be needed for smaller or larger children.

We tested with 5 inch balloons inflated less to fit in arms and legs.

The idea is to stuff the suit with balloons and race the children possibly over obstacles fashioned on the day.

As an added twist at least one water balloon is put in and at the end of the race those parents cruel enough will pop the balloons.

This idea has been tested and is great fun for the children too!

Edited by ozz
  • Like 1

I have a limited number of overall and ballon sta on offer for £2.50 per set. First 5 for sale here and I'll keep 5 in reserve in case kids who don't see this want a go on the day. Post below if you want a set. I'll accept payment on the day or at the bar😃

• 2 weeks later...

I have nearly run out of suits now so hopefully people will be bringing their own and we will have a good turn out of kids.

I have obtained quite a large quantity of Holi Powder for the kids to throw.

This is a non-toxic maize based coloured powder, it is recommended to wear some eye protection such as safety specs or sun glasses.

The powder is said to be washable but may stain light clothing (especially in the presence of water) so old clothes should be worn under the overalls.

If your kids are sensitive to dust a paper dust mask should be sufficient to allow them to play, if you think your child will need one please bring it with you.

I will split the balloon run activity into two parts first part with no powder and the second with so that any kids who cannot be exposed to the powder can step aside.

I'd like to get some good pictures and videos of the powder throw so as many parents with cameras as possible please.

I hope the kids are going to love this and talk about it for years to come.

Ozz,

not to burst the your bubble/balloon we still need to obtain permission from the venue for the powder. One of the rules is that we leave the site how we found it and i am sure the powder will not disappear buy Sunday.

as fun as it sounds we need to make sure the club do not get any backlash as we want to keep this venue.

regards

keith