Rolled Hood Cover

enforcer

After struggling to find a convenient solution to carrying the wet weather gear around - and not being willing to pay Caterham prices I asked a local guy with his own business to make one up for me. Dave Shade is based in Telford and works from his home, working wonders with leather / vinyl repairs and making bespoke covers / bags etc. When I wanted some beading sewn in to the front edge of my hood to enable it to be slide fitted into the awning rail with which I use to fit the Surrey top, he was able to do this and get it back to me within 24 hours.

Here is the finished article which I am really impressed with:

Hood_Roll_1.jpg

Hood_Roll_2.jpg

Hood_Roll_3.jpg

Hood_Roll_4.jpg

The quality of materials and the finish is superb. Having prototyped this one Dave can easily make these for anyone who is interested - the dimensions can be adjusted by him to suit any type of RH or Seven ... and will make you one for £50. If you're interested mention the club and me! ;-)

Have a look at his website and facebook pages (Dave Shade Ltd) - he can make anything you can think of and there is plenty of scope for us kit car builders to find quality craftsman like this to make the bits we need without ripping us off!

https://www.acecovers.co.uk/

Richard

• Like 1