Vicky Green Wiring Loom Wiper Fault

Guest roshea14

Guest roshea14

fuse keeps going on the vicky green loom in my 2b when the washer is operated is this something anyone else has experienced or is it a mistake on my part? i opted for the later type stalks with the extra wiring for relays and everything else has worked fine except for the washer keeps blowing a fuse. not too much of an issue yet as i intend to run an aeroscreen but would like to get it sorted so i know everything is ok and safe to use. the fuses are also not labled as to the correct rating (anyone know what it is?) its the second one down which also controls the oil light, regards richard

Guest Kennedy48

Had the same problem. We used to press the horn and the washer jets would squirt. Was a shock at first. We found out that it was shorting on the back of the horn. The horn wires were touching the boss and every so often would blow a fuse too. I no mine was horn related but maybe it's shorting somewhere. (I'm sure someone who's awake and knows what their talking about will help shortly) lol

if your using the two wires as directed on the kids drawing on the pump (i mean diagram) there both live, use just one, and earth the other terminal on washer pump and it should work fine,

Mitch

The VG loom was originally designed for the 83 stalks and didn't cope with the change to 87 stalks which had headlights and washers wired differently. It led to a dead short in the washer system. (I thought it had been sorted long ago)

Don't connect up the VG wires that are supposed to go to 53C and W on the stalks and the washer motor terminals. (Double green and a green/black. One was a common earth in the earlier loom.) Instead run a new wire from 53C on the stalks to your washer motor and fix up a local earth from the other side of the motor.

Job done. (If the motor sucks rather than blows swap them round!)

Nigel

• 5 weeks later...