Tonights Tv

Yup, I watched it - very interesting.

Would you expect a chassis to be that bad after 20 years? Would that chassis have been powder-coated (I couldn't tell from the program)? I'm guessing no as that might explain the state it was in and the fact it had reacted with the ally panels and corroded those as well.

My worry was if they used the old chassis what did they do with all the old rivet holes & rivet tails? Not much chance of drilling for the new panel fixings into the existing holes.

Will be like marbles in the bus luggage rack if the tails are in the box section.

Yeah it was a bit like that, wasn't it. Of all the chassis repairs Fuzz has had to do over the years, chopping out a bit of square section steel and putting some new in should be the least of his worries. I did laugh a bit when Tim came in and did the whole looking for the chassis number thing and then they both said convincingly for the camera it's the same chassis. "Honest, DVLA, it's totally the same chassis". :D

They *always* have to have a time pressure on the end of it too, don't they?

I noticed a nice shiney new exhaust manifold on there too, I suspect the car benefitted from an entire new set of dampers and springs by the look of things, plus a number of upgrades :). Looks like the engine had already had DVA "look" over it at some point.

I enjoyed it, but it was dumbed down for the entertainment value. Personally I think the whole show is ruined by that Tim chap blagging parts and discounts. I am sure the production company pays a fair rate for them, the rest is just to fill time. I would much rather see the restoration work.

• Like 2