Sva Paperwork. .......the Ultimate Solution.

Guest john

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone got a current e-mail address for Paul J? I sent a note to jepson.paul@btopenworld.com a couple of days ago but haven't had a reply yet.

Mind you, he may just have a life and not check his e-mail every 15 minutes like me :D .

John (jwts).

Guest kleighton

Hi John,

I send Paul an email a few months ago now and was told that he's not great with computers so not to expect a reply straight away, I've still not had a reply, i've got paul.jepson@kitcarreg.com by the way.

However I rang him last week (0118 984 2303) and he's recorded a voice mail message saying that he won't be accepting any further applications until the 15th March. I guess he's maxed out at the moment, I'll be calling on the 15th.

Thanks

Keith

I've used Paul and he's a top bloke. However, he's not exactly a Geek when it comes to these computer thingy-me-bobs. I seem to remember trying to convince him PDF's weren't the Devils spawn.

If, like me, you were maxed out on doing the car and just wanted someone to take the paperwork away, then Paul's your boy but if you want to have it quicker then Alan Builder (I think it was) put a good check-list together.

Guest Alan_builder
If, like me, you were maxed out on doing the car and just wanted someone to take the paperwork away, then Paul's your boy but if you want to have it quicker then Alan Builder (I think it was) put a good check-list together.

Thanks for the recommend Knock-on.

Keith - You can get directly to the page My Paperwork or go via the main web below.

Alan

I :wub: my :rhsc:

Guest kleighton

Thanks for the link Alan, I think they refer to the old SVA application forms, but I've found the IVA application form to fill in.

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/actio...emId=1083034396

I'm just a little concerned that I don't have enough photo's to include with the application. I've got pics of the the important bit's they can't see, like the harness mounts and down the tunnel, but I've no pictures of me grazing my knuckles on anything. I did read somewhere about an application being refused because there was not enough evidence that their car was built by themsleves.

Anyone had any problems along these lines and are there any ways to get around it......take more photos ??

Thanks

Keith

I suggest you get around the car with a spanner and camera Keith. The examiner just wants to know you did the work and it hasn't been bodged by all and sundry.

Even though I had about 150 photos on a laptop, my examiner asked for something I didn't have but I talked him through it and he was fine. At the end of the day, they are not looking to trap you or catch you out but to pass a safe vehicle for use on the road.

Get some photo's done and good luck.

• 1 month later...
Guest HoodNumber1

Hi John

Thanks for the post about Paul Jepson

I spoke to him today about my Hood and he was very helpful.

He Has a new email address it's jepson.paul@btopoenworld.com

And he no longer uses his mobile number.

And he has put his price up to £45. I think this is still great value for money and will be using his service.

Thanks

Tim

• 1 year later...
Guest motokustom

I have just used paul Jepson and found him a GURU of information. He never complains of getting numerous calls with sometimes repated questions! I found him very proffessional and helpful and I feel he is with me right until the end. £45.00 is not alot to pay to get it right first time. The other aspect is he tells you up front the expected time constraints and this alone was an eye opener. Well for me as after shelling out £450.00 for a test I figured I could name the day! Ignorant I know... He even knew which offices in the country were better for getting the job done quicker!

So if you want a seamless trouble free test with no guessing, then Paul is your man.

• 8 months later...

Pauls contact details are

Paul Jepson

PO Box 4096

Pangbourne

Berks

RG8 7ZP

email paul.jepson@kitcarreg.com

Tel 01189 842303

mob 07748702987

This e-mail address is out of date. It is now jepson.paul@btopenworld.com

Just an update.

John.

Pauls contact details are

Paul Jepson

PO Box 4096

Pangbourne

Berks

RG8 7ZP

email paul.jepson@kitcarreg.com

Tel 01189 842303

mob 07748702987

This e-mail address is out of date. It is now jepson.paul@btopenworld.com

Just an update.

John.

• 6 months later...
Guest Chris Russ

Hi;

im new to your club, having recently purchased a 99% finished, unregistered Exmo!.............ive tried e-mailing Paul Jepson regarding help with getting it registered, but just bounces back?? --- does anyone know if he still assists, or know of anyone else who can advise & guide me through this minefield please?? -- desperately trying to avoid a Q plate, I do have the V5 from the donor Sierra, but no SORN certificate??

...................... Now Confused from Essex!

Thanks,

Chris.

As you have the V5

You need to register the donor in your name

Then declare SORN on DVLA site

The firm filling process is not that difficult

Just ask on here

2 important things to do

Keep all reciepts for everything you buy for the kit car

Take photos if the build some with you in them

I am in Essex and am part of the Essex Kit Car club an offshoot of and incorporating the Essex RHOCaR

We meet in Chelmsford and members will assist you through the process

Edited by Snapperpaul

Guest Chris Russ

Thanks Snapperpaul, ........i'll send off the Sierra's V5 - the engine number on the V5 doesnt seem to match the engine in the Hood ( would the 1800cc Pinto engine from the Sierra over-bore to 2100cc that's in it??? ) - so is it probably best to correct that at the same time?, as pressumably ill need an engine & chassis number at some point? ...........how do I get a chassis number??

Sorry to be a pain,

Thanks,

Chris.