Handbrake Cover

Guest docter fox

Guest docter fox

i bought a hanbrake cover and gaitor from halfords the other day (from £29.99 down to £5.99 what a bargain! but because of this bargainness and the fact it was the one on show behind the glass they didnt have any instructions...

to fit it, is it as simple as cut the sierra handle/grip off and slide the other one on? its got some grub screws so id guess you just secure it with them? what about the button?

thanks for any help (or perhaps a copy of someones instructions for one? :wub: )

James

Guest chris brown

Before you start cutting and chopping "Doctor" just knock off the handbrake grip then if your new grip doesn’t work out at least you can put it back to standard

Guest micky bigthumbs

Hold on there i bought one it just slips over the top of the old one. and with three grub screws it tightens up. and there are three rings in the bag to fit one thats best to the button.

Mick

Guest chris brown

Put a mole wrench or similar at the back end (opposite end to button) behind the grip but not gripping the mettle and give them a clout with a hammer (hideface best but any will do) it is tight but it comes off and is easy to put back on

Guest docter fox

well that was easier than i thought it would be, its usually the little jobs that take me the longest, a mole wrech, hammer and a few twists and it came off :D

didnt hav any rings but it fits perfectly, 2 grub screws and its done :)

thanks for the help.......now i just need to do the rest of interior :blink:

Guest docter fox

as you can probably tell iv stil get a long way to go and this probably wasnt the right time to fit the handbrake but nevermind :rolleyes:

although i do have a new scuttle and a windscreen now :D

post-10-1102441630.jpg

• 12 years later...