Fuel Pump Failure

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

I was trying to get the m3 lump running yesterday after finalising the engine bay install to test it all works, I primed the fuel system and swirl pot on the lp pump until I could hear fuel returning to the tank ( meaning the swirl pot was full) I then put the fuse in the hp pump and let it prime the rail all worked as it should ( ecu primes for 5 secs on ignition switch position 2) started the engine and forgot how loud it was and with it being late turned it off. I turned the ignition key off and back on and the fuel pump would not prime, disconnected the battery and tried a gain hp fuel pump was priming, all good

Went back to have a go today, primed the system again as above, and all worked well, run the engine for 5 mins, and found a small oil leak so *bleep* down the engine and sorted it out, went to restart and pump is not priming, so I checked the relay which works fine, and I am getting voltage to the pump but it has no life, if it was siezed for some reason I would expect it to blow the fuse, which it is not doing.

I put my multimeter across the + and - terminals of the pump and it did not read any resistance, I was thinking you would have a small resistance in the windings? Any ideas?

Guest mcramsay

I pulled the pump off the car and opened it up, it was nackered, and they had cut the bottom

O ring in half when pressing the pump into the ally body. My fault for buying cheap. Although I think I need to look at the fuel system.