Lightweight

Guest nurburg2006

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More smashed up baco foil

you beat me to it..

Its gonna hurt what ever 7 your in but that looks like you are going to be killed into the bargain? Has anyone ever been in a major road smash in Lightweight ? i know a few B's and zero's have.. and the owners have lived to sell the remains.

lightweight one huge crash zone, it bends it dont hurt the body like a 2b

it absorbs the hit but it breaks. drc7 no suprise you have popped up on this get over it.its past

this car appears not to have been bonded. makes a big difference

graham

You know other than any possible cockpit intrusion that actually looks pretty good ie preferable.

That may look ugly but would have dissipated the energy quite nicely.

Bad part of it is rebuilding etc.

Dave

Guest Chutney

I have to say that worrying how a car performs in a crash is beyond me.

Don't crash!!!

Yes there are idiots on the road, yes accidents happen, but good driving can still anticipate theses.

I have a 11month old, and this changed my attitude to bikes-I didn't like the risk so I "upgraded" to a seven.

When the risks in the seven are too great for me I'll get a volvo. And then say indoors and probably die from carbon monoxide

I have to say that worrying how a car performs in a crash is beyond me.

Don't crash!!!

Yes there are idiots on the road, yes accidents happen, but good driving can still anticipate theses.

I have a 11month old, and this changed my attitude to bikes-I didn't like the risk so I "upgraded" to a seven.

When the risks in the seven are too great for me I'll get a volvo. And then say indoors and probably die from carbon monoxide

The one big reason why i now have a 7type car, compared to a bike it's a zillion times safer ! i love bikes and still want one but having done 20yrs and lived to tell the tale i won't be venturing back on one. i hear to many stories of friends of friends who are now dead or have been seriously injured. The kit is just as fun.

Guest Chutney

See above.

I recon 20years and no accident is highly commendable.

My last bike was a zx636- almost impossible to pilot sensibly, and that was it for me.

Maybe my attitude towards motorbike riding was wrong, but ether way a seven is much easier to handle.

As I said, don't worry about crashing just don't do it.

I dunno know about that. The older I get the more heavily medicated I get.

Don't heal faster but tend not to notice as much...

Used to go in and get stitches without a local and watch and make comments as

they did it. Now if they are taking a band-aid off and there is a slight chance

of hair being pulled off I demand to be put in a chemical coma for the duration

just in case.

But I think I still heal about the same speed

See above.

I recon 20years and no accident is highly commendable.

Didn't say no accident just not dead I high sided on the cat and fiddle on my 1200daytona at 1am about 9yrs ago wasn't hurt to badly but it made me think, carried on riding a daytona t595 converted to speedytriple for 5yrs after that but when both my brothers also crashed, we all gave up my dad included.

Guest Ian & Carole

The one big reason why i now have a 7type car, compared to a bike it's a zillion times safer ! i love bikes and still want one but having done 20yrs and lived to tell the tale i won't be venturing back on one. i hear to many stories of friends of friends who are now dead or have been seriously injured. The kit is just as fun.

Ditto Dan

I managed 40 yrs on two wheels from scooters through 1000 cc sports and tourers, never had a fall or got knocked off.

I saw a mate get wipped out when doing our "ROSPA GOLD" course in London, when the car driver looked right, staired my mate in the eye and then pulled out.

Bike in drivers door and my mate over the roof, luckily no serious injuries.

Like Dan time for safer thrills.

i had bikes for many years , starting with a bsa 500 pre unit sidecar outfit.on L plates . wore the leather and lost a lot of mates .every week i went to the local meet to be told have you heard about ?.

i had a trident 750 tripple and took my mate out showed off and nearly lost it , bought it home and made a phone call and it was gone , if i could do that with my best mate on the back mmm.

last one was a virago 1100 twin nice tourer but i had lost the love of bikes and sold it after 2 years having done very little miles .i couldnt handle a modern super bike and i know it , so many dont .

graham

i have suported the lightweight from the start , as i was one of the first to be building it ,

having built several cars since i have to admit that the zero is prob the best car i have ever built or ownend.

the lightweight has definate issues , you can inprove the build using strengthening and definatly bonding the panals.

however it is never going to be as ridgid as a steel chassis built car with panals over the chassis .

to build a lightweight first you choose your diff then you build the car arround it , when the

tub is complete you can start affixing bits to it , the build is difficult and time consuming , and the finished car is not as good at handling as it might be .just some thoughts .

graham

• 2 weeks later...