10 replies to this topic

#1 geordie40

geordie40

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 18
  • 225 posts
  • Car type:Robin Hood Super Spec

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:44 AM

This event has just popped up on my Facebook feed, it's a little far for me in Devon but may be of interest for some closer. Its on 14th-16th June 2019

https://www.facebook...83752658570294/

Hope link works, if not just Google it.

Edited by geordie40, 05 November 2018 - 10:44 AM.

#2 richyb66

richyb66

Club Secretary

• Committee
  • 2,333 posts
  • Car type:2B wishbone 4.6 V8

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:55 AM

Might be worth a look. I've added the vent dates to the topic title and I've put it in the calendar.
<p>Warks, Worcs, W Mids area meet. Last Wednesday of the month 7PM onwards, January to November. Malt Shovel Toby Carvery, Coventry Road, Nr Stonebridge, Coventry, CV7 7HL <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.google.c...E'>here</a></p>
<p>
Entrance to pub car park is off the A452 Chester Road heading North 50 yards from the island.

#3 theduck

theduck

Chairman

• Admin
  • 3,638 posts
  • Car type:Sierra S7

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:42 AM

Sounds interesting, look forward to some more updates on it.  Seems they are just piggybacking onto retroshow though?

http://www.retroshow.co.uk/index.php

Edited by theduck, 05 November 2018 - 11:44 AM.

#4 Matt brown

Matt brown

Wheely good builder!

• Committee
  • 350 posts
  • Car type:GBS Zero Turbo

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:52 AM

Trevor harmer from the nwkcog has been in talks with CKC and Santa Pod to piggy back onto show but will be having a dedicated area I believe
GBS ZERO zetec turbo 253bhp

#5 theduck

theduck

Chairman

• Admin
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:00 PM

Very odd, wouldnt be happy if I was Retro Show. Reminds me of when the organisers of French Car Show tried to put on the German Car Show on the same day and venue as each other  :rofl:

Have asked how the RWYB will be working, as RetroShow only allows pre-95 cars

#6 richyb66

richyb66

Club Secretary

• Committee
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:18 PM

Reminds me of when the organisers of French Car Show tried to put on the German Car Show on the same day and venue as each other  :rofl:

Let me guess - the French surrendered?

<p>Warks, Worcs, W Mids area meet. Last Wednesday of the month 7PM onwards, January to November. Malt Shovel Toby Carvery, Coventry Road, Nr Stonebridge, Coventry, CV7 7HL <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.google.c...E'>here</a></p>
<p>
Entrance to pub car park is off the A452 Chester Road heading North 50 yards from the island.

#7 David S

David S

AKA "Hotwire"

• RHOCaR 18
  • 1,028 posts
  • Car type:Zero Zetec

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:47 PM

This has also been mentioned on the Westfield forum.  One of the guys noticed that it was actually just a club stand for the NWKCOC, so they emailed the organiser about a WSCC stand and got the following reply:

Hi Kev 
It is the same weekend as the Retro Show but it’s own show in another section of the park. More details will follow this week. Santa Pod are setting up KITFEST tickets separately, so hang fire for a week if your looking to book. 
Will be a great weekend. 

Regards
Robert

#8 theduck

theduck

Chairman

• Admin
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:49 PM

Let me guess - the French surrendered?

It was the one time the French won!

#9 unclechief

unclechief

Keith Kelly - Events Sec

• Committee
  • 2,143 posts
  • Car type:GBS ZERO Zetec Zx6r carbs 163BHP

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:16 PM

either way it should be a good event and another for the calendar. I have tried a few times to set something set up for santa pod but never got the support so hopefully Trevor can do better. From experience I will be costing him to put the event on so hope the weather works out for it.

GBS Zero

"Likes Splatting Badger Guts onto Fellow Members"

#10 nelmo

nelmo

Magazine Editor

• Committee
  • 847 posts
  • Car type:GBS Zero

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:56 PM

It was the one time the French won!

Interestingly, this was a QI question - historically, which country is the most successful in battle and the answer was France! Probably due to Napoleon but don't knock 'em...  :)

#11 richyb66

richyb66

Club Secretary

• Committee
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:22 PM

Maybe they're just better at picking smaller opponents.
<p>