5 replies to this topic

#1 sorme

sorme

Builder

• Community user
  • 25 posts
  • Car type:not bought one yet

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:56 PM

Posted yesterday about my brake fluid boiling because of the manifold running close to the master cylinder,(not the normal manifold)do standard pinto manifold s fit ?ie rs2000 ? Or are the robin hood manifolds made to measure, I know the top of manifolds the same it's just where it goes through the side panel,mine at the minute goes over the side panel and then down.

#2 IanS

IanS

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 18
  • 509 posts
  • Car type:exmo

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:31 PM

Robin hood manifold normally went down then through the side panel.

Could be a bugger to fit. On mine take the head manifold studs out, then fiddle about for ages to either remove or fit the manifold.

I do wonder about boiling fluid as new fluid has to get really hot to boil, would flushing the fluid fix?

#3 sorme

sorme

Builder

• Community user
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:51 PM

I've just bought today some top silicone fluid to put in very high boiling point and some decent heat proof sleeving for the brake pipes,I did buy off eBay a manifold and exhaust (s/s) pretty cheap and tried for about all of 10 minutes to get it on,getting half through the side panel then gave up ,thinking now I could have fitted it by removing the master cylinder plus manifold studs,I resold it on ebay,wish I hadn't now! Hopefully change of fluid should help as this Automec as boiling point of 260 °C

#4 sorme

sorme

Builder

• Community user
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:52 PM

I've just bought today some top silicone fluid to put in very high boiling point and some decent heat proof sleeving for the brake pipes,I did buy off eBay a manifold and exhaust (s/s) pretty cheap and tried for about all of 10 minutes to get it on,getting half through the side panel then gave up ,thinking now I could have fitted it by removing the master cylinder plus manifold studs,I resold it on ebay,wish I hadn't now! Hopefully change of fluid should help as this Automec as boiling point of 260 °C

#5 Peter Bell

Peter Bell

Bus Pass Boyz

• RHOCaR 18
  • 2,675 posts
  • Car type:Mk1 Sierra 7

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:20 PM

Be careful, do some checking, I think the system has to be clean before you use silicon fluid. I believe it can react with conventional dot fluids and forms a jelly like material.
You don't stop playing because you get older, you get older because you stop playing!

#6 sorme

sorme

Builder

• Community user
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:31 PM

Yep have to flush it all out ,then keep bleeding all the nipples till the new stuff comes through,pretty easy to spot as the silicone fluid is a purple colour I have the master cylinder off as well to clean it out and replace the seals,typical though now the weather as changed to take it a big run( no wet gear)