New To The Forum - West Midlands

Guest ali2992

Guest ali2992

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, im currently in the process of stripping down a mazda mx5 to use as the donor for a GBS Zero and i'm almost at the point I need to remove the engine, does anyone from the West Midlands know of a good place for engine stands/hoists? (I'd prefer to rent than buy)

There's a machinemart nearby but I have no reference point as to whether the price they state is reasonable. How much should I be looking to pay?

Thanks

Alastair

Guest Ian & Carole

Firstly welcome to the mad house.

Machine Mart take some beating but like Bob says join the club and you might be able to borrow one from the loan sharks section on here, usually for the cost of a case of beer or a small quantity of beer tokens.

A crane and a stand are a big ££££ outlay and take up a lot of space, unless you intend taking your engine out on a regular basis borrowing makes much more sense.

You are in an area where there are plenty of fellow hoodies, get along to a local meet plenty of help there (weds next week is the mids meet) as said above join as full member other benifits include some very usefull club discounts for places such as euro car parts which could save you a few bob during your build.

Plus the guys on here are a great bunch!

Regards

Keith

Do you need the engine on a stand? It will be fine on the floor if just storing.

if you have removed all the bodywork already for scraping/selling then you and a mate would be able to lift an mx5 engine fairly easily.

oh and welcome, you have joined a fantastic club with a super group of local members! We have our "christmas" meet on 29th which would be a great way to meet everyone!

Guest ali2992

hi guys, thanks for the help, i'll look into getting the full membership right away, sounds like a good deal!

Mark - I'll know more tomorrow when I've finished another day of stripping it down, as long as there's no major issues then i'm hoping to be looking at getting it out next weekend or the week after, but i'll know more tomorrow

Thanks

Alastair