Dvla Annoyance

tendoshingan

I passed SVA yesterday. Next step, registration.

Misses went to DVLA Theale today to try and sort out the inspection and to hand in all relevant forms (which took 8 days to arrive in the first place).

Firstly, the chap who is in charge of inspections is not in on Fridays.

So misses spoke to someone else on teh counter. She was told there were 2 options:

* Get home visit, but the chap is not there and this could take upto 6 WEEKS!!!

* or arrange to take the car (by bloody trailer at a cost of around £100) to Newbury (35 miles away), also told this only happens on a Tuesday and has to be booked in advance through the DVLA and this could also take upto 6 weeks.

WHAT A P#ss take.

At the cost of the trailer and van hire it looks like I will have to beg the chap on Monday (if he's in) to try and do a home visit.

Not a happy chappy

By the way the misses had to have a ticket to be seen cos there was a massive queue and her number was 666!!!!! :diablo:

Misses went to DVLA Theale today to try and sort out the inspection and to hand in all relevant forms (which took 8 days to arrive in the first place).

Firstly, the chap who is in charge of inspections is not in on Fridays.

So misses spoke to someone else on teh counter. She was told there were 2 options:

* Get home visit, but the chap is not there and this could take upto 6 WEEKS!!!

* or arrange to take the car (by bloody trailer at a cost of around £100) to Newbury (35 miles away), also told this only happens on a Tuesday and has to be booked in advance through the DVLA and this could also take upto 6 weeks.

WHAT A P#ss take.

At the cost of the trailer and van hire it looks like I will have to beg the chap on Monday (if he's in) to try and do a home visit.

Not a happy chappy

By the way the misses had to have a ticket to be seen cos there was a massive queue and her number was 666!!!!! :diablo:

Just hang in there..

B'ham last year had the inspector off sick..

Told would have to wait till back, stamped my feet and got an inspection in less than 2 weeks.

You are lucky if they are offering home visits most offices insist on the car by trailer I managed to get a very very nice man to take mine cost me a couple of bottles..

Guest Ian & Carole

Here is another great VOSA / DVLA issue. :rolleyes:

Why can you legally drive a unknown quantity, safety wise, build quality standard etc. to SVA? and as long as the fail isn't to bad drive it home again? but you are not allowed to drive a SVA "passed", safe, well built, examined car that you are going to tax and fit plates to on the day of the BUI???

The mind boggles :huh: B)

Here in Lincoln they say you can drive your car for the BUI and they don't offer home visits!!!!!!! :o

Most BUI's here in Lincoln are completed within days of the request, guess we are just lucky.

Guest Tim Norman

When I rang to enquire about a BUI way back when, the first question he asked was when are you in! They wanted to do home visits. Bureaucracy must have spotted this as being helpfull and shut it down! :lol:

But then it was a few years ago now!

Guest pmk159

You could always book it in for an MOT and go for BUI 'on the way'.

Guest scrabster

hi,the lady inspector at brum dvla was realy good with me,iwanted bui done before end of march so rang her,told her i was on holiday thenext week ,she was on holiday the week after but if i posted the forms personaly that night icould do the bui that week.hey presto two days later,age related plate was mine.

jess.

:lol: hi taffy passed my test .went to dvla on the monday rang on tuesday tested the week after got the plates the week after all done two weeks back in manchester . pitty you still don't live here init looking forward to the drive to delting !

:lol: hi taffy passed my test .went to dvla on the monday rang on tuesday tested the week after got the plates the week after all done two weeks back in manchester . pitty you still don't live here init looking forward to the drive to delting !

I'm in Manchester too and when I had mine done, they did the BUI (at home) *before* I had the SVA. After the SVA, I went into the DVLA offices that afternoon and walked out with a tax disc, etc. Plates from the local supplier and on the road that night!

Guest Jabberwocky
I'm in Manchester too and when I had mine done, they did the BUI (at home) *before* I had the SVA. After the SVA, I went into the DVLA offices that afternoon and walked out with a tax disc, etc. Plates from the local supplier and on the road that night!

I even had problems getting some plates, Halfords did not like the paperwork that I was provided by DVLA because it was not a V5.... that really p!ssed me off