Rear Arch's

Guest danny_samb

Guest danny_samb

Hi all I have a robin hood 2b, I don't like the massive arch gap at the rear, I don't want wind the coilovers down as I won't have any travel then.

What I'm thinking is lowering the rear arch's down, I know I'll probably have to chop some out the middle and join back together, has anybody already done this that could give some advice

Thanks

Hi,

the GRP wings as fitted to the superspec sit lower as standard. If you look at a superspec eg http://img.coches.cozot.es/pics/uk/2016/08/15/Robin-Hood-Super-Spec-Turbo-20160815084056.jpg(not my pic just a googled one) you can see there is a bigger infill panel above the rear arch and less of a gap between the wheel and the arch.

But no reason you can't modify your wings if you prefer. I wondered about adding some kind of 'spats' on the wings to reduce the gap. eg this type of thing http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/jVcAAOSwImRYmyhQ/s-l225.jpg

Hi there,

I lowered my arches on my 2B and kept Grp unmodified. I reduced the angle of the stainless where it meets the body. I think i did one fixing tab at the rear and two at the front, I have 10 tabs at front for reference. I removed the stainless and reformed the returns at the front and back, you need to keep the start of the return on the outside the same to match the grp. You also need to put in new piece of stainliess to cover the holes at the top of the body side.

To check I removed the wings complete and dropped them on the lowest fixing point, this way you can see the what the gap will be and make sure the angles at the front and rear will go up from the body.

Jez

Hi Danny,

a couple of pics for you.

You can see you need to reform the ends and also reprofile to the body side. I think this is most you can lower the stainless and grp arches without having to modify the grp. Come along to the next Midlands meet and I could talk you through what I did.

post-50-0-14844600-1493657595_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-55836300-1493657738_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-27242500-1493657771_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-24231500-1493658087_thumb.jpg