Tiewrap Master Cylinder

Guest sandy77uk

Guest sandy77uk

right I'm having a brain fart, i've bled my brakes (used a pressure fed system at 20psi)and everything is spot on, however the resevoir sits slightly on an angle its obviously not effecting the brakes but its causing my OCD to go nuts so I've popped a tie wrap round it and the master cylinder to pull it perpendicular

Now i'm starting to wonder about IVA, is having a tie wrap round the master cylinder resevoir an IVA fail?

Guest Chutney

I think it's sposed to be, mine is. If it works, leave it.

Probably.

As I have stated in previous posts, I know nothing of this iva malarkey.

In fact nothing I say is to be trusted.

Nothing at all.

Guest sandy77uk

I think it's sposed to be, mine is. If it works, leave it.

Probably.

As I have stated in previous posts, I know nothing of this iva malarkey.

In fact nothing I say is to be trusted.

Nothing at all.

I dont mean front to back, mines got a slight lean on it on one side, i've used the tie wrap to being the resevoir back so it sits parallel to the cylinder, without the tie wrap you can only just see its not flat, once the pedal box cover is on you couldnt tell

Guest Chutney

Again, as long as it works and isn't dribbling paint stripper everywhere, I wouldn't worry too much. If it sits funny, why is this? Master cylinder mounts are usually diagonal aren't they? Is there any adjustment. Is the cylinder straight, but the reservoir wonky. Are the connecting pipes cut square.

My hands are full of straws now.

Guest sandy77uk

Again, as long as it works and isn't dribbling paint stripper everywhere, I wouldn't worry too much. If it sits funny, why is this? Master cylinder mounts are usually diagonal aren't they? Is there any adjustment. Is the cylinder straight, but the reservoir wonky. Are the connecting pipes cut square.

My hands are full of straws now.

its not dribbling and as I say it holds 20psi, its the reservoir thats wonky, the cylinder is straight

Guest sandy77uk

I SVA'd with a tie wrap around mine. only reason was i was told in an accident break fluid would be more likely to ignite on the manifold. something to do with flash points. true or not 5p tie why not.

in that case if they didnt mind it being there, then i will keep mine in place