Mazda Mx5 Na/ Nb M526 Gearbox.

Thrashed

Hi All

I have 2 x Mazda MX5 NA/ NB M526 gearboxes. One has a gearstick, one doesn't.

Bought to mock up an install. Bought as working but never run, so can not verify. They all seem OK, with no play in input or output shafts.

Due to size and weight collection preferred. Looking for £35 each. Posting is possible but pallet courier is looking like £50-£60.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aKDaNapd-LjXGtnvJ-xlJoWUF3Jfoeo7?usp=sharing

Any questions, please ask.

I am interested in the one with the gearstick. Are these 5 speed boxes? Can't make it out but which side is the starter motor on these (my pinto is on the passenger side).

Hi, yes they are both the 5 speed from a mk1-2 MX5. Not sure on the starter set up on an MX5.

Thanks for getting back to me Steve. I've just spoken to Dave at Retroford and he's advised me that the best way forward for what I want to do is to use an N7 gearbox for which he can supply all the bits for the conversion. The main problem I've got is that I've got to convert the Sierra pedal box over to hydraulic clutch operation to link to the gearbox. So for the moment I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave it.

Rob

Edited by cb750