I V A Cost And Sliding Pillar Suspension

squashy76

Theres no reason the sliding pillar cant pass IVA.

EXCEPT.......the instructions tell you to mullar the hub to accept the TRE joint

in from the top, while the taper in the hub is designed for the TRE to fit in from the bottom.

If thats what you have its likley to fail (& IMHO so it should)

There have been a few well engineered fixes over the years, but post up a pic of

what you have first.

Apart from that.....Its just like any other part of the car re. sharp edges etc

Guest 2Bbuilt

my 2B went for IVA last week.

although it failed it was on minor trim issues, nothing said about the pillar suspension or TREs.

like everyone says, make sure you have covered nuts, bolt threads and anything else that sticks out.

one of my trim failures was - at the back of the front suspension top there is a plate, a bit of it sticks out facing backwards, its too small to get a bit of trim on it, the inspector told me it would be best removed. this i have done.

another - very lower edge of back panel there is 2 lengths of about 2 inches, either side of panel of sheet metal without a turn/radius, this needs trim on it.

and another - passenger footwell, towards front of car, make sure there are no sharp edges in the footwell including underneath the dash panel (behind dash) if you know what i mean. Basically if you were sitting in the passenger side, any area you may catch your legs on.

VIN - Plate i used a "IVA" acceptable plate off ebay.......... no good.

just been to engravers and he is doing me a correct one for £8!!!!

vin plate needs

manufacturer (whatever you want, can make up your own name if thats your bag).

chassis number

total weight

front axle weight

rear axle weight

no more info needed and in the above order.

don't forget you also need Chassis number stamped on frame, did mine on right hand side of front cross bar.

Edited by 2Bbuilt