Side Rail / Armrest Cover For Iva.

magh

Afternoon all and happy Easter! Just after some advice on what and how people have covered the top frame rail on the sides that you step over to get in the car to cover the panel edge and rivits etc. got my Iva coming up and not sure how to tackle this one best. Cheers Mike.

Thanks wanderer email received very helpful and to everyone else for you input and photos. Given me everything I need and pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. As always quick and helpful thanks Mike.

Got this to do on mine soon - so interested in how people have 'fixed' the pipe on to the rail?

I thought if the IVA examiner could just easily pull it off - then it wasn't acceptable as it's not 'permanent'?

I used the GBS stainless "U"-shaped plates on mine. I basically sikaflexed it, then fitted it on keeping the outside flush with the body, and secured it with 3 stainless rivets into the chassis tube. On the inside, I used a soft-faced hammer to form it onto the tube, but I still needed to add a couple of bits of edge trim on to the front for IVA as the examiner picked up on a couple of sharp bits at the front that you couldn't really form round the tube sufficiently. No big deal, but he does check, that's the main thing ;)