Lincolnshire Meeting For May

alanrichey

After our successful outing last weekend at the Stilton Cheese Classic Car Run, and with Stoneleigh this coming weekend, I guess some people might want a break, but if the weather is good, Richard7 and I will be going to the "HorsePower at the Hall" meet at Donnington Hall (LN6 4RU) near LIncoln on Saturday 9th May.

This will be the third time this event has been held, and the first two were very successful, in fact our 'Hood' line up is still the cover photo on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook...epoweratthehall). It runs from 09:00 to 12:00 and we can then go to a pub afterwards for lunch.

If anyone else wants to join us we meet up at 09:00 at the side of the BP garage (see link) at the Doddington Road roundabout on the A46.

I'll do a final update here when we see what the weather is like.

And if the weather is good for any of the remaining weekends in May I will suggest something in the South of Lincolnshire (maybe a picnic at Rutland Water?).

See you all next weekend.

Al

Edited by alanrichey

• 2 weeks later...

Good time at Stoneleigh, car hasn't been out since and now the weather is looking OK for Saturday, so I will be going to the "Horsepower in the Hall" at Doddington. See you all at the BP garage.for a formation departure at 09:00.

Guest Ian & Carole

Alan

Excuse me if I am being thick here but if the meet at Doddington Hall is on the 1st Saturday of the month, wouldn't that have been last Saturday 2nd May.

Guest Ian & Carole

They move it if it clashes with other events at the hall. see their web site. "horsepower at the hall" i think its called..

I am being thick then, I have been on their web / face book page and couldn't see a change of date.

I assume they shifted it because of Stoneleigh ? Or maybe Doddington has something on ? And I see the June one is on the 13th, obviously it is the 1st-ish Saturday in each month :)

Just back from the show. Great attendance from Robin Hoods (OK, I'll be honest there were only 3 of us :acute:).

doddington2.jpg

Here's me and Richard (Richard7) and I (Mick and Stella (mowerman) were parked elsewhere) next to a friendly Westfield chap (invited him to join the club and come to the end of season bash)

Didn't manage to completely sort the weather out but I got there and back unscathed, just had to put the top up for 30 mins or so at the show when it drizzled.

Weather understandably put a lot pf people off but there were still about 100 cars attended. Here are some:

doddington3.jpg

Next one is on June 13th, hopefully in better weather.