Do I Go Hid Or Led

Guest 2b cruising

Guest 2b cruising

Hi all.

I am about to modify my headlights from the standard acetylene burners, well the h4 bulbs.

Has anybody done this mod yet.

Can anyone advise on the advantages/disadvantages between the HID system opposed to the LED system.

Somebody has informed me that he life of thr bulbs and burners on the HID is less than the equivalent LED.

Hi I was also considering doing both but a traffic police friend said that there clamping down on the aftermarket fitment of these and the car can be impounded if I'm pulled by a traffic officer if seen

you need headlight washers / projector lens / automatic height adjustable lights etc

Somethings are not worth the agg and it seems VOSA are making it an offence on MOT so as the new rules state - if a car fails it's mot it can now not be driven on the road

Unfortunately progress is just that -- otherwise we would still be trimming the wicks on our candles. ABS brakes led folk to worry about non-ASB cars running into the back of the more modern -- guess there will be light (non dazzling ) at the end of this particular tunnel in the future.

• Like 1

Its not so much the brightness that's the problem it's the height adjustment. I see so many cars with badly adjusted headlights, either one or both, its just so annoying. There is a problem with the brighter lights when the road has humps or is hilly but then the problem is transient. I have also seen the bulbs pattern go wrong over time causing problems, new bulbs fix the issue but as far as most drivers can figure out is "the light is working, there's nothing wrong!" My other pet hate for lights is dual filament stop & tail bulbs fitted the wrong way round (how can they not tell?) so the brake filament is on with the sidelights!

Guest peter2b2002

arround my area there are loads of badly adjusted head lights some on old cars but also new cars plus i thought you could be pulled up if you only had 1 head light working ,also lorries from over the other side of the channel don't adjust thier head lights so get blinded on my way to work at 4 am

peter2b

Guest 2b cruising

Thanks to everybody. It looks like they won't be getting fitted.

I've also found out that the law states, with normal bulbs a maximum of 50/55w only to be fitted. This is because to many mal adjusted lights can cause accidents to 3rd parties.

If sold they have to be marked not for road use.

I don't want them nicking my kit off me at over £100 to recover.

Seems that auto adjust make the new cars legal.😳

Edited by 2b cruising