Dolomite Sprint S7

alantoon

Well after six months of cleaning tank out, fitting new fuel line,pump filters fuel regulator and finding it still wouldn't run, so changing manifold gaskets, rebuilding carbs, still wouldn't run. new plugs, points cap, leads, rotor arm swapped coil got it to tick over. this week I have finally managed to get it to run -still a flat spot at 2-2500 revs but i am going to get it MOTed next week and get it on the road (its only done 200 miles in the last 5 years) a good run is bound to do it good.

• Like 1

Alan - Are you still on 2 x SU's..... Check the needles for wear ridges. make sure dashpots are full of a thin oil . If still a flat spot try a thicker oil like 20w 50. and make sure the carbs are balanced.

Cheers Lee

No Lee, its on twin Dellorto 40 DHLA carbs, I think the engine will just be gunged up with all the short journeys and standing around its done, as far as I can see it has done less than 5000 miles since it was registered in 1992 !!