Super Spec Steering Column Cover

geordie40

The column is from a Mondeo 2001-5 and early posts say that a Mondeo cowl will fit but needs a bit of trimming to match the dash profile. Ive got one but not yet get around to fitting it.

It's on the list I sent you. Matches the steering column. I assume you have the original carbon fiber type plastic one ?

But there are 2 problems. If the stalks have not been mounted at the correct point then you will either have to remount them or carve out extra holes in the mount. And it will not slide past the standard dash so you will either have to trim it or make the dash higher,

If yours fits but is just a bit scruffy then you could always wrap it.

Ive still got the original carbon fibre cowl on but its a bit tatty like yours. It doesnt fit well, there are gaps with bits missing, and its only held on loosely with one screw.

Ive still got the Rover stalks fitted but as they were only stuck on to the column with Sikaflex mastic, they are now working loose. I intend to do some rewiring of the columns. Ive got some Focus stalks which are supposed to click onto the Mondeo column, and the new cowl to trim down to go over the top.