Harness Routing

Guest phil howard

Guest phil howard

Where should I bring the harness from the tunnel into the back of the dash area.

I am thinking of cutting a penetration into the gearbox cover.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find this section in the GBS build manual.......[sorry couldn't resist it]

Has anyone done a harness routing diagram for a zero with a zetec engine.

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

It is in the "build manual"!!!

I cut the last tunnel cover and put the fuse box/ relays through

the firewall.

Extended the dash wiring and fitted pull apart connectors as

I made the dash/scuttle removable.

John

Guest mcramsay

i cut a circular notch in the gear box cover panel, as it doesnt sit right up against the chassis rail anyway.... then i fed the loom up through the gap created where the notch is... so basically bring the loom up between the gear box cover and the chassis rail runs across the front of it...if that doesnt make sence let me know and i will post a pic up.

Guest phil howard
Hi Phil,

It is in the "build manual"!!!

I cut the last tunnel cover and put the fuse box/ relays through

the firewall.

Extended the dash wiring and fitted pull apart connectors as

I made the dash/scuttle removable.

John

Thanks John,

I think thats the same panel (a trapezium shape so my son tells me.....smart arse) its the very front of the tunnel as it goes wider for the gearbox.

The scuttle [removable] is next.

Whats happened to you blog?......I was depending other peoples blogs.

Cheers

Phil

Guest phil howard
i cut a circular notch in the gear box cover panel, as it doesnt sit right up against the chassis rail anyway.... then i fed the loom up through the gap created where the notch is... so basically bring the loom up between the gear box cover and the chassis rail runs across the front of it...if that doesnt make sence let me know and i will post a pic up.

Craig,

I get the drift but if you have one available a photo would be handy.

Cheers

Phil

Guest mcramsay

you will have to squint a bit... or turn your head to the side!! sorry the quality isnt great, i only had my iphone handy...its not the tidyest at the moment but its a work in progress....also i just chucked the scuttle panel on with the outer dash and it hides all the wiring nicely! im also going to take off all the connecters on the wiring loom to the steering column because it makes the bundle of wires supdily bulky, once im happy with where they are i will solder and then heat shirnk over the solder to protect it and make it look all nice.

369e7caa.jpg

0c197e64.jpg

2768131c.jpg

Edited by mcramsay

Guest phil howard
you will have to squint a bit... or turn your head to the side!! sorry the quality isnt great, i only had my iphone handy...its not the tidyest at the moment but its a work in progress....also i just chucked the scuttle panel on with the outer dash and it hides all the wiring nicely! im also going to take off all the connecters on the wiring loom to the steering column because it makes the bundle of wires supdily bulky, once im happy with where they are i will solder and then heat shirnk over the solder to protect it and make it look all nice.

369e7caa.jpg

0c197e64.jpg

2768131c.jpg

Craig,

Thanks you're a star.

Phil

Guest mcramsay

as i said the to gear box cover panel will not go all the way up to the chassis rail(so there is a bit of a gap to play with) as there is a bar that is welded on either side and to be honest there is no way im grinding the weld off as its a tiny tiny area, and i will most likley cut a finger off or cut into the chassis rail triangulation bar thingy.... phil if you need any more pics of anything give me a shout! i would say you are catching me up but wait untill you start actually wiring the car up, doing the emerald wiring and the cooling pipes (although you are using the water rail which mite make it easyer to do the cooling) its taken me ages! i cant wait to put the scuttle on and not take it off again! acutally i cant wait to finish the car....not having a decent build manual makes it hard. IE if you knew what you had to do to pass IVA (and a decently written manual with step by step on how to do most things would get you through IVA Might acutally help) what i dont understand is richard must get loads of phone calls every day ( i know im always on the phone asking silly things) asking simple questions im sure he gets *bleep* off... i would...and they are seeminly building loads of cars so why not use one car, take pics of everything you do and write a decent manual (like westfield or caterham have (i know they cost a lot more but to be honest the guys at GBSC that build cars day in and day out could most likely write a manual in their sleep so it woudlnt take much time) ) and then give it out with the kit....it would prob stop the phone rining every five mins asking where to route your brake cables or what order to bulid the car in!

Guest phil howard
IE if you knew what you had to do to pass IVA (and a decently written manual with step by step on how to do most things would get you through IVA Might acutally help) what i dont understand is richard must get loads of phone calls every day ( i know im always on the phone asking silly things) asking simple questions im sure he gets *bleep* off... i would...and they are seeminly building loads of cars so why not use one car, take pics of everything you do and write a decent manual (like westfield or caterham have (i know they cost a lot more but to be honest the guys at GBSC that build cars day in and day out could most likely write a manual in their sleep so it woudlnt take much time) ) and then give it out with the kit....it would prob stop the phone rining every five mins asking where to route your brake cables or what order to bulid the car in!

True...........god knows what would happen if he parted company with GBS.