Securing The Battery

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

im using a battery out a mondeo, its not massive but obviously i need to secure it some how. i was going to use 1 1/2" wide aluminium strips to go over the battery length and breadth ways. (but lining the inside of the strips which touch the battery with rubber) and i woudlnt be going over the terminals either. to hold the battery in place. i was going to secure the strips using riv nuts on the chassis rails front and back. it should hold the battery in position no problem. any one else done this?

Hi

for mine i made a stainless tray with about a 1.5inch high lip all around. Then in 2 opposite sides i dilled a hole. I then got 2 pieces of threaded bar and bent the end so i could hook it in the hole each side. I then got a piece of aluminium (wrapped in rubber as you say) with a hole drilled either end through which the 2 pieces of threaded bar can come up through and be bolted to pull it down against the battery. Seems pretty firm to me i can't see it coming loose anytime soon.

hth and makes sense.

Guest scottie686

Hi,

Try giving these guys a go. This is where i got my battery tray from, but also got them to make up a header tank and a couple of other bits'n'pieces.

www.alloyracingfabrications.com

Regards,

Scott