Top Gear Lat Episode

nicko

Guest 2b cruising

Apparently tried TFI are doing a spoof on Chanel 4 Friday evening.

JC will be on it, so him along with Chris Evans should be a good laugh.

Edited by 2b cruising

Guest Ian & Carole

Great, racing caravans.... again....

That's why it is time to let it die.

Same old same old, became stale with no new initiatives.

Wrecking a set of rear tyres week in week out, racing stuff for no reason, mostly not even funny after several variations on the same theme., lorries, air port vehicles etc, yawn. :lazy: :lazy:

Edited by Ian & Carole

My wife said that Hammond and may are in negotiation with Netflix to carry on with a similar series but with clarkson in a production position. Not sure how much truth there is in that though. I agrees it probably has run its course now, it never bothered me if I missed it as most of it had no connection with the real world and you can only get laughs for the same joke so many times. It did have its moments though.

I'll stick my neck out & say I still liked it (ducking for cover), it's the TV equivalent of a comfy pair of slippers for a Sunday evening - yes it's not re-invented itself significantly since it came back on, but I miss it on a Sunday evening.

Shall I hand my RHOCaR resignation in now?

I would rather pay tax payers money for Top Gear or Doctor Who, or a really good drama/thriller like Spooks, Luthor, Murphy's law, etc.... than the usual drivel that's on. I'll take Top Gear any day, over pop idol, x-factor, dancing or any crap reality TV rubbish they keep regurgitating.

Yes it got tired, but the viewing figures prove otherwise - that there was still an interest.

The question is, can the BBC bring it back fresh and exciting and still keep the viewers happy with the new production/presenters teams.

Or was it really popular because of the format and the presenters - only time will tell.

Meantime, I will continue to pay my licence just to watch the BBC news every morning, cos there is nothing else on :(

Guest 2b cruising

+1.

We all know it was no coincidence with the Argie bargies. But bloody hell I've never laughed so much.

Always something different.

Still 5* for me, but not as a motoring programme.

5th gear. Who watches that.

It's like watching paint dry. Then sanding it down for another coat.

My wife used to watch it for it's entertainment value - she was never bothered about the cars. So even though it was the same-old same-old being endlessly repeated, it was the antics of the three-amigos that captivated.

Wifey wont be watching any new series of Top Gear unless the BBC can really pull off a cracking trio (Jodie Kidd - so false when reading from the autocue on Ch5).

-steve

Being a known petrolhead by many, loads of people have tried to start conversation with me about the topgear saga........the truth is, I've never really properly watched it and only ever seen 5 or 6 episodes......

As far back as I can remember, I've probably watched no more than an hour of TV a week........I'd much rather be busying myself in the garage or workshop listening to the radio......but each to their :)

• Like 1

Being a known petrolhead by many, loads of people have tried to start conversation with me about the topgear saga........the truth is, I've never really properly watched it and only ever seen 5 or 6 episodes......

As far back as I can remember, I've probably watched no more than an hour of TV a week........I'd much rather be busying myself in the garage or workshop listening to the radio......but each to their :)

and the reception this far north is p--- poor & the need to get up every 5 minutes to adjust the aerial & or change the channel on that big rotary knob -thing.