New Scuttle?

Guest northern_munkie

Guest northern_munkie

Hi Everyone

Im 1/2 way through rebuilding a RH2B i got off ebay.....and i want to ditch the aligator bonnet set up.......does anyone know where i can get a proper style scuttle to suit said car?

Or can anyone make 1 for me.....to be paid of course.......out of FG or metal???

Edited by northern_munkie

• 1 month later...
Guest Ian & Carole

If you use the aligator type of fitting its fine, the down side is that the bonnet will only open untill the bonnet touches the steering wheel.

By cutting the bonnet, like in the picie, I am able to open the bonnet to the vertical allowing great access to most things.

Works for me but its your car.

HTHs

Ian J

Guest chris brown
What wrong with the aligator bonnet set up? I am about to assemble mine, is it worth changing?

Nothing really providing you go for the belt and braces method of fastening down that is don’t rely on the old Sierra catch, and you must be VERY careful to ensure it is locked down each time (not an option for me - bound to forget). There has been several incidences where the bonnet has come up at speed. That is why lots have gone for the fixed scuttle with many different ways of fitting the bonnet. Some fix the bonnet to the nosecone as per the RH instructions but then hinge it forward others fix the nosecone and hinge the bonnet from it or have the bonnet lifting off or as I have, hinge the bonnet down the middle and have it open half way from either side 1930s’ style