Stoneleigh ... After The Event

Andi

Seconded - big thanks to Keith and Rebecca, and everyone who helped setup and organise the weekend. What a corker; got back, unpacked, and immediately threw myself under a cold shower....

tsssssssssssssssssss

Here's Richy and I "keepin' it Rover"....

BuH5oQ9nEe1tkqk8IHjbnPUauW6YeWZlHOK_yXbE

Edited by brumster
  • Like 4

Hi All,

A great big thank you to the team who organised and brought all the gear to the site putting up the flags and banners so that the old people could find their way to

the beddy-bye area.

Seriously though a lot of precious time has gone into making the event possible and I think I can safely say that most people enjoyed the weekend.

A special thank you whoever ordered the sunshine I think that they should be put on a retainer for next year.

Hade a good ride home nice cuppa walk the dog shower bed in that order.

Nice to see old friends and new ones.

Till we meet happy hoodin or ROCAR safely.

Great time

Allan

Edited by Allan 14

Got stuck in a huge queue into Stow-on-the-Wold so decided to turn off the engine, in case I overheated. When I tried to start the engine - nothing! After a bit of panicking, realised it was just the starter motor being too hot (can anyone explain why that happens?) so threw water over it and left for 5 minutes and all OK.

Otherwise, great drive home to cap a great weekend - thanks all!

A big thank you to all that helped make this event what it's all about good friends, good banter, lots of cars and entertainment ( mostly provided by Claire and Andi lol) special bit thanks to all that chipped in in the packing up operation.

Don't know who you all were but got to spend a bit of time will Jess and came back to see it all ready to load up good effort and greatly appreciated. I stand by the fact that rhocar is the best most friendliest club out there with such a diverse group of people.

• Like 1

Well done to everyone who supported the club at the show.

We came first thing on Monday, expecting it to be rammed, but by midday had bought everything we wanted to get, seen everything and coming back to no more than about 20 cars on the RH area decided to go home. Was it better attended on Sunday? I recall over 200 one year. I imagine that if it had been a wash-out instead of glorious weather the attendance would have been terrible. So many traders that came year after year just weren't there any more, and very little to see other than sevens and cobras. I have been to Stoneleigh every year for the past 14 years and never seen it so poorly attended. Sad to see but I seriously wonder whether the show will go ahead next year. Perhaps a sensible move would be to relocate to a more appropriate venue more suited to the current scale of the event?

I visited in tin top because kitcar broke down again...

I met up with many ex-rhocar members who parked their cars on other club pitchs.

Potential members are there but choosing to join other clubs, I wonder why?

Maybe something for committee to consider, not just getting new members but retaining them once signed up.