Newbie Questions On Gbs Zero

nelmo

Dont forget you get what you pay for. my engine has raceline sump water rail alternator kit and lightend flywheel all top quality and very good at there jobs. I refurb my gearbox this year myself at a cost of over £600. Do these refurbished boxes from gbs and others include all nèw bearings? If not your wasting your money. the key to acceleration is well spaced gears not so much diffs i run a 4.1 diff with a 2.8 v6 type 9 box ratios the difference from the old ratios is great! More acceleration through the gears and lower cruising rpm. Do your research it wiĺl make your car far better.....

Edited by DanE

Guest iank

Nelmo,

All the things you are thinking of now are all the thing you MUST think about with a Zero. The Zero doesn't have a lot of ground clearance so you don't want parts of your drive train hanging low - or your first encounter with an oversize speed bump will be messy.

Re the comments about cutting the bell housing. I have a Type 9 gearbox (lots of better ratios available compared to MT 75 - if you want to pay for them) and an aluminium bell housing from SPC Components. This is a perfect fit with the Raceline sump so no hacking bits off the bottom and its nice and light. Its worth noting that you will have to cut the bellhousing around the starter motor to clear the chassis rails - much easier to do with aluminium.