Robinhood 1996 Silver/red

Guest coconutter

The danger is that no-one ( the DVLA, mot testers,or insurance companies) don't seem to be bothered that things are not correct, until something goes wrong ie an accident. This is when everyone will say that it is your responsibility and you are left with a massive claim to pay and the DVLA will seize the car as it is not correctly registered, Walk away from it unless you are buying it to put through an IVA without using on the road.

I dont believe it should have the original Sierra registration either.

I would expect an age related plate (ie same year as the donor) but a brand new unused number.

Prior to SVA/IVA it was the norm to retain the original donor plate if there were enough donor parts in the final car, using a system of points. Mine was registered as a RH in 1996 and, since it was built entirely from one donor, retained the original plates, which I had in the footwell ready to be stuck on for the return journey from the registration office. I had to choose a name for it and went for Robin Hood Sierra 7, which is what is on the V5.

The weird thing now is that I cannot get any records on the gov.uk registration site under Robin Hood or Ford or any combination of those, but the correct details show up on the gov.uk MOT history by entering it as a Robin Hood. Interestingly, the Eurocarparts website thinks it is as a Ford Sierra.

Edited by geoff shep

Prior to SVA/IVA it was the norm to retain the original donor plate if there were enough donor parts in the final car, using a system of points. Mine was registered as a RH in 1996 and, since it was built entirely from one donor, retained the original plates, which I had in the footwell ready to be stuck on for the return journey from the registration office. I had to choose a name for it and went for Robin Hood Sierra 7, which is what is on the V5.

The weird thing now is that I cannot get any records on the gov.uk registration site under Robin Hood or Ford or any combination of those, but the correct details show up on the gov.uk MOT history by entering it as a Robin Hood. Interestingly, the Eurocarparts website thinks it is as a Ford Sierra.

Euro carparts has mine come up as a ford Transit :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the clarification Geoff......

I (incorrectly) put the donor plates on my 2B for SVA in 2002.

The inspector ripped me off alarming!

He told me I was effectively "ringing" the car,

made me remove them & kept them.

Wrists severely slapped!!!

Guest 2b cruising

John still building was successful keeping his doner plates from IVA last year.

As soon as it was registered he changed to a private plate without any efforts at all.

My own car is on its doner plates as an Sierra. Registered as 2b on logbook with original doner registration date.

On paying automated toll and congestion charges it comes across ass a special.

• 3 weeks later...

A small correction there Ken, I was issued with a new registration number the same year suffix as my Doner, i.e. an H registration number.

Once all the paperwork was through I then transferred my personal plate to the hood.

As this was also an H suffix, H15 KYT it was allowed as it did not make the car appear newer.