Decision Made Duratec V6

Guest ianjenn

Guest ianjenn

Thinking of selling the v6 beast. I don't use it very much and want to move on to other projects. if you are interested in making an offer, send me a message. I will be putting it on eBay over the next day or so.

Edited by ianjenn

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Quarks7

Hi,

I was a Hoodie many years ago before going to the dark side (MK Indy's etc)

Currently looking for another 2B & spotted your build diary.

As your not stating an asking price & inviting offers. How does £3000 sound?

Cheers Jez

Guest Quarks7

Ok Steve,

I don't appear to be getting notified of replies to threads I'm commenting on? That's something in my user settings I guess?

I'm off to my local RHOCaR meet tomorrow. So I'll ask the lads to take a look at my account settings. Might use my bike or if I can stand the ribbing I might even use the wifes MGF? ;0)

Cheers Jez

Guest Quarks7

Hi 2b Cruisin,

Having owned 4 Robin Hoods before defecting to MK Indys. I can assure you that a well sorted VVC MGF will eat a standard 2.0ltr pinto Hood for breakfast in every dept. They lack the seat of your pants feeling that a 7 replica gives you. However that is only due to them being more refined. Compared to something like a BMW Z4 or a Boxster you'd never call an MGF refined. However compared to a 7 rep it is. Ours/hers is a good bit of kit mate & if the *bleep*e ones continue to be scrapped at the rate they currently are? Maybe one day the values will start to rise? I'm not holding my breath just yet though!!! ;0)

Cheers Jez

Edited by Quarks7

Guest Quarks7

you'll only get notification of replies if you click the follow topic button, top right of the threads you want to follow.

Cheers Steve,

I've done that. If it doesn't work I'll keep checking back on the thread.

Cheers Jez

Guest 2b cruising

I was not on about speed. Just a bit of street cred. Never did like men driving ladies cars, Stag maid Triumph no good at all whereas the TRs were great looking beasts. IMO

My Robin is slow as built with DHOC. 2lt in it.

I am converting it after season to vaux z20 LET. Will be tuned to around 240/260 bhp.

I am new to the 7 type scene and having driven lots and lots of cars before, I just love the Robin. (in good weather of course).

I do know what you mean though. And yes, they will soon start to appreciate in value as they get more and more rare.

All the best to you and I hope you enjoy whatever you get. Regards, Ken.

Guest Quarks7

I've just done a search on ended items on Fleabay. The car sold in the closing couple of minutes. Only one bidder but I guess that's all you need eh!

So it's back to the drawing board for me then!

Not such a bad thing realy as we are already on the DVLA's Christmas card list. One more vehicle might mean we get invited to their works Christmas do?!? :0)

Regards Jez

Alexs car .. the v6 jag engined 2b sold for 4.5k .it was in ormskirk.. Cheap I think knowing what's been done to it over the yrs.

Petespine cars finishing tomorrow... Another nwhoodie retired !!

Guest Quarks7

I was not on about speed. Just a bit of street cred. Never did like men driving ladies cars, Stag maid Triumph no good at all whereas the TRs were great looking beasts. IMO

My Robin is slow as built with DHOC. 2lt in it.

I am converting it after season to vaux z20 LET. Will be tuned to around 240/260 bhp.

I am new to the 7 type scene and having driven lots and lots of cars before, I just love the Robin. (in good weather of course).

I do know what you mean though. And yes, they will soon start to appreciate in value as they get more and more rare.

All the best to you and I hope you enjoy whatever you get. Regards, Ken.

Cheers Ken,

IMHO the MGF is one of the few two seater rag tops that a bloke looks alright driving? Maybe not as macho as a fire breathing 7 rep though? One of my MK's was fitted with a tuned 200+bhp Hayabusa motor. That was pretty hairy chested but a f#ckin nightmare to drive on the road. It weighed slightly more than a wet fag packet & was therefore a proper handful even on a bone dry road. In the wet (only tried it once) it was lethal. Fun in a suicidal kinda way but still lethal!

I originaly only bought the MG for it's number plate. Then decided it was worth saving from the jaws of the crusher. I've got very carried away since then though mate & have priced myself out of ever being able to sell it. Good job her-in-doors likes it eh! ;0)

Incase your interested the MG's plate is M60 PEN or with a bit of creative spacing & a screw it's MG OPEN. A mate who works for BMW reckons has a buyer for it? The guy has just bought a £100,000 M6 convertible & fancies M6 OPEN to compliment his new toy. Hence my offer for the rather tasty looking Jag engined 2B.

Anyway...... I'm doing a great job of hijacking this thread. So I'll clear off & have a look in the for sale section.

Regards Jez

• 1 year later...
Guest Rob McGeown

Hi, I appreciate this is an old thread, and you may well have sold the car now, but I could do with some info on a couple of points!

I'm fitting the Jag 3.0 v6 to my MG midget (was running a K-series with ITB's and Emerald). How did you modify the fuel rail? I need to use an aftermarket pressure regulator and therefore need a return. I had thought about opening the end of the rail and adding a fitting for return, then just ignoring all the Jag sensors etc.

I'm also keen to keep the Jag variable intake system despite its size, but need to find a way of controlling it via Emerald. Did you find a reduction or torque with the ST220 intake (which i have bought as well).

Appreciate any help!

Rob