Different Body, Conversion Almost Done On My 2B

Guest evildave

Guest evildave

It's taken two years (have built a camaro during that time though) but the 2b is almost ready for mot.

I love my hotrods, yanks etc so the plan was always to make something a little different.

The body is 1928 ford roadster with a 1932 style grill. The body was widened at the front by 4" reduced at the back by 2", and shortened by 8" approx. i just have to finish the windscreen fabrication, and get some paint on the old girl!

Guest evildave

I have loads of build pics, scary looking back just how much work i have put into it (there's a fair amount of chassis mods underneath). The body swap has almost financed itself as well as I sold the original panels, capri wheels/tyres, windscreen, and and wet weather gear. MOst of the old car has been reused where possible, even the rad, hoses, fuel tank.

This has given me a larger boot (where I'll keep some bolt on arches just incase i get pulled for running fenderless). Hardest part was exhaust fabrication, but i re-used the removed bends from the unwanted chassis parts.

post-12817-0-85148800-1446628550_thumb.jpg