Different Body, Conversion Almost Done On My 2B

Guest evildave

Guest evildave

Presumably you could re-register this as a body conversion with just an VIC inspection and have the V5 changed to something like 32 roadster, and keep the RH registration.

Yes i could but i think that would open up a whole big can of worms mostly at the point where 'spaceframe' and 'chassis' start to get determined with regarding the 8 points i need to retain. Basically "a new body can have brackets fitted to it providing the original chassis has no alterations and everything unbolts"

Two cylinders either side for the exhaust : looks neat. That must change the sound a bit. Oh and the rest of it looks really well done too

Yes, i was thinking it would give two pulses on one side, then two on the other and repeat etc. Maybe sound like a Subaru?

Edited by GambolGold

I think I stumbled across it before and like the idea of doing it when I get bored of the look of the Zero.....just lack the skills at the moment lol but would definitely like a link to read in detail (its very quiet at work and ebay is getting dangerous lol)

Guest evildave

The build thread is not too detailed but I'd be more than happy to talk to anyone thinking of going the same route. I've seen a lot of hot rod style kit cars but never liked the long stretched out bonnet look, I was also told it couldn't be done to keep the proportions correct which of course made me even more determined to get it right.

Heres a link to the RnS thread http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/garage/model-roadster-kit-car-based-152233

And if anyone is interested in american muscle cars my other build here http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/garage/68-camaro-341441

They're both pretty tame builds considering some of the crazy stuff on there!

Thanks for the positive comments :-)

Guest evildave

Two cylinders either side for the exhaust : looks neat. That must change the sound a bit. Oh and the rest of it looks really well done too.

The video i posted will give you an idea of the sound just gotta turn it up loud, def doesn't sound like a pinto anymore

Guest evildave

I did think of doing that, but considering the work involved decided against it, it also adds to the burble.

I see you have a 2b with wishbone conversion, thats on my list to change out the sliding pillars in the future.

Did you make it, or buy a kit? I'm tempted to build something as i know there's no room for the left to right top brace due to my radiator position.

Hi Dave.

My wishbone kit came from a firm thats now defunct, RS Jigtec.

GBS (Great British Sportscars) do a conversion kit, but it seems expensive.

A few RHOCAR members have made their own......it looks well within

you capabilities!

I'm also involved in drag racing.

My brother runs a (street legal!!) twin turbo 10 litre Vette

which will be back on track early next year.

Bob

Hi Dave

I recently changed my front wishbones, couldn't get self centering, so bought the upgrade kit which moves the castor backwards and solved the problem for the IVA, bit pricey though..

I've still got the old upper wishbones with bushes and dummy struts but not the lower wishbone if you are interested.

Awesome work by the way.

John

http://www.johnskitcar.com

post-2376-0-40050800-1446803193_thumb.jpg