Supercharger On A Silvertop Zetec

richardm6994

Guest old_timbo

I used similar bearings, made them a tight fit and stuck them in with bearing fit loctite. 1500 miles later still OK. Incidentaly after working up to it I'm finally using a 1:2 drive ratio and am getting 12psi boost on my 2.0l Pinto.

Guest 2b cruising

Well I am thinking of travelling to him.

See what I can afford come end of season.

Lots I want doing by the master himself.

I would still use him if he was on the outer Scottish isles.

Guest janis

I used similar bearings, made them a tight fit and stuck them in with bearing fit loctite. 1500 miles later still OK. Incidentaly after working up to it I'm finally using a 1:2 drive ratio and am getting 12psi boost on my 2.0l Pinto.

What bhp u get from supercharged pinto? :o

Guest old_timbo

The best HP figure I saw on rollers was 182, but this was at less than 5000 rpm and the engine is built to rev to 7000rpm. The std Robin Hood 4:1 exhaust manifold I have is too restrictive so I need a bigger bore better designed alternative to make it rev more freely. Should do +200 ish eventually, However finding more HP is low on the priority list, the mid-range torque is massive and still a bit intimidating. A twitch of the big toe and the bypass valve shuts and you suddenly have full boost and warp dive.

• 2 months later...